Android - Difficult to press Buttons/Menu Items/etc.

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

fanafox
level0

Android - Difficult to press Buttons/Menu Items/etc.

Postby fanafox » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:09 pm

So I got the latest Humble Bundle and was delighted to have a version of Uplink I could play on my Kindle Fire. However I have found that working with speed and accuracy is difficult to impossible with the small size of the text and buttons, and make no mistake I have SMALL hands, so I can only imagine what someone with hammy hands would go through. There have been several times where I've copied the wrong files, or accidentally NOT started a program because of this, loosing me precious time. This naturally disappoints me greatly. I would've expected a tablet device release to have made the proper UI changes to compensate for the demands of a small screen. Are there any plans to tweak the UI further?
Apportable
level1
level1

Postby Apportable » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:37 am

Hello fanafox,

Thanks for your feedback regarding Uplink. We definitely want the game to be playable on 7" tablets and will consider your remarks in discussing any changes to Uplink's UI. There are no plans right now to change the UI, but it sounds like it's fairly difficult for many people on smaller tablets to navigate the touch interface properly, so we'll investigate the issue.

Christina
The Apportable Team
fanafox
level0

Postby fanafox » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:44 am

Thanks for taking the problem into consideration, I appreciate the fact that it was released to tablets at all. Hopefully in the future it'll play as good as the PC versions. XD

Return to “Bug Reports”