Ipad in game LAN BUG

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Bikinalong
level0

Ipad in game LAN BUG

Postby Bikinalong » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi

I've Been playing Uplink on the Ipad for a few days now and really enjoying it so far but i keep running into the same problem when hacking LANS

Every LAN mission I've done the layout is always the same, I bypass firewall proxy moniter, I connect to the router run a LAN scan ..ect probe the router to a Hub then probe the hub, the main server is always next with 3 locks round it plus 2 terminals and a WIFI tansmitter all boxing in the server, i can work my way around and unlock all the locks no problem.

The problem is because the server is so close to the router as soon as I start to hack the server alarms sound and the admin begins there trace, the trace meter will say 120 seconds but if I'm lucky I might have 5 to 10 seconds before the admin gets to me and disconnects me, there is just no time to delete files or copy files unless i try to do it multiple times.

after reading the Uplink guide it says LANs are randomly generated so it makes me think there may be a bug in the Ipad version

I am new to the game so forgive me if i am missing something simple here

Thanks
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:37 pm

IIRC, LANs related to the storyline are static and predetermined.

As for your problem, you need to be quick and do a little at a time over multiple attempts. You can get some additional time in order to do the job by disconnecting from the network once you crack the cipher and then reconnect as when you reconnect the password should still be valid but the active trace terminated.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Bikinalong
level0

Postby Bikinalong » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:13 am

That would make sense for the story LANs to be premade made but even when I pick up missions like 'steal research data ect' from the mission menu all the LAN layouts are the same. The only thing I have noticed is that the wifi frequencies change with each mission but the layout always stays the same,

I've tried 5 or more random LAN missions and there all the same layout
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:10 am

Does this keep happening if you start over?

Return to “Bug Reports”