uplink patch error

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

kwebber321
level0

uplink patch error

Postby kwebber321 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:24 am

ok, well i have discovered this game and i tried the demo and i loved it! i had to have it but didnt have the money to buy it. so i got a full free version of the game with a torrent and winrar. it worked but i needed a patch so i could get past the "CD verifaction process" it worked ONCE! the 1st time i installed the patch is worked fine but the second time i tried playing it, it takes me through the "CD verifaction process" again. i have an account on the game but i cant seem to get through the verifatcion process for some reason. i install the patch and play the game the 1st time around and it works fine. the second time i try to play it, it takes me through the verifaction process again. i have xp. i have all the requirements for the game. it runs fine. no lag. no crashes. i tried the 1.54 patch and it worked the 1st time. i tried the 1.55 patch but it said it was only for the demo thing and it still work the 1st time. what should i do?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:34 am

Simple. Buy the game.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 am

you're funny, bit late fore fool's day tho ;)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:42 am

Seriously? You're coming to the official forum run by the company that made the game to get help getting your pirated version to run? That's a scientific breakthrough. I don't think conventional theories of stupid can explain this. There must be a yet undiscovered destructive interference between stupid and naive catalyzed by a complete lack of common sense at work here.

(Oh, and welcome to the forums. People say we shouldn't greet new users by insulting them. Sorry 'bout that. If you buy the game and stick around, you'll find we get friendlier.)

Return to “Bug Reports”