Password breaker closes when clicking on a password box

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Neo Prophet
level0

Password breaker closes when clicking on a password box

Postby Neo Prophet » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:11 pm

when trying to hack the interware bank, for a mission that gives you the account name and number for the target, the standard proceedure would be to enter in the persons account number and set the password breaker to work on the password/'code'

however when doing this on this particular bank the password breaker instantly closes without starting and it removed from the cpu tasks (still remains in memory)

to get round this i tried hacking the admin (which it will do with the passbreaker) and finding the person password from thier given name, however the system will not accept any password given, despite it already being stored in the system.

im running the steam version of the game which i have already checked is the latest patch version.
frankm1
level0

Postby frankm1 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:24 pm

are you sure you entered the right account number? Some missions have two of them.
think420
level0

Postby think420 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:37 am

I'm having the exact same trouble here as well. Can't use the cracker (it is the correct account number) and the password from admin does not work either. The cracker immediatly just stops. Anyone make any progress on this one? I don't want to abandon the mission.
Eedis
level1
level1

Postby Eedis » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Hmm, I remember this happening to me several times, although, I do not remember how I solved it. Try reconnecting to your gateway (log off and back on).
leon007
level1
level1

Postby leon007 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:44 pm

think420 wrote:I'm having the exact same trouble here as well. Can't use the cracker (it is the correct account number) and the password from admin does not work either. The cracker immediatly just stops. Anyone make any progress on this one? I don't want to abandon the mission.

Go to the admin and looking for accounts.
type the name instead of account number.(case-sensitive)
then try use password breaker.
try this, it maybe works.
mgb
level0

Postby mgb » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:40 pm

The above method is okay. Do upgrade your uplink using the latest patch. Patchiong does solve many problems related to it

Return to “Bug Reports”