Starting the Game

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

sniffinshrapnel
level0

Starting the Game

Postby sniffinshrapnel » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:46 am

I just downloaded this onto my new computer, it's running Vista in case that matters. When I start the game, I can press enter to continue past the first screen to the part where it gives me the option to create a new agent, but I can't seem to navigate with either the mouse or the keyboard. I'm assuming I should use teh mouse, and the cursor is visible but clicking doesn't do anything on any of the buttons. Help pwease? I haven't gotten to play this game in so long.. :(
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:20 am

What version are you using? Do you have the latest patch (see my sig)?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
sniffinshrapnel
level0

Postby sniffinshrapnel » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:24 pm

Okay well I downloaded the newest patch, and went to install it and I'm stuck on the screen where it says to put in the pathname for where it should be installed.. And no matter what I put there it won't let me click on the 'install' button. :? It must be that I'm not meant to play this game. :P
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:06 pm

Where did you buy Uplink from?

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
sniffinshrapnel
level0

Postby sniffinshrapnel » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:30 pm

I bought it about 4 years ago online, from some website that started with a T. (Honestly that's as much as I can remember though I know I'd recognize the site if i saw it; it's on the tip of my tongue.) So I'm having to transfer it over onto this computer. So it IS likely that what I tried to download is an old version I guess.. But I can't figure out why it won't let me install the patch. o.O
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:58 am

Yeah, it looks like you've got the Hacker Elite version, which for various reasons isn't supported by Introversion, unfortunately.

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
sniffinshrapnel
level0

Postby sniffinshrapnel » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:59 pm

Oh no.. I bought this game from someone who didn't have the right to sell it?!?!

That's kinda entertaining seeing as it's a hacker game.. But so, do I just need to repurchase the actual version from Introversion?

The place I got mine from was trymedia.com like 4 years ago.
Do they just steal people's games and sell them? o.O
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:45 am

It's more complicated than that; essentially, IV made a deal with Strategy First to distribute the game in North America, and then Strategy First declared bankruptcy but continued selling the game in competition with IV, through various distributors such as Direct2Drive, Trymedia, etc. You can get the non-Hacker Elite version either direct from IV's store or from Steam.

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
i_h8fords
level0

Postby i_h8fords » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:05 pm

I am also having the same problem and don't know why. I bought the game online through Gamestop.com

Return to “Bug Reports”