Uplink (Steam) Graphics Issue On XP

For problems with the game

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Iacobus
level0

Uplink (Steam) Graphics Issue On XP

Postby Iacobus » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:28 am

I used to have a copy of Uplink that I bought in a store and I don't think I have seen the CD or the code sheet in the same place at the same time in a few years and have recently felt like breaking the game out again. Seeing it was bundled with Darwinia on Steam, I figured I might as well buy it again.

After installing it on the same laptop that I used to run my old copy I went to play the game and it has some sort of weird graphics error. I haven't made any hardware changes to this machines since I played Uplink last, only thing I have done is update drivers and reinstall XP a few times. The mouse shown on the screen and the location of the "click" are separated and the top "half" of many of the graphics are missing, I can't even tell what icon does what in the game.

I have tried the steps in the readme for troubleshooting (disable fullscreen, graphic safemode), deleting the options files, deleting the OpenGL file in the Uplink folder. I have scaled my monitor res down to its smallest setting (800x600) but that doesn't work, nor does 1024x768 or 1280x800). I have disabled OpenGL hardware acceleration as well. None of these steps have fixed my problem.

Suggestions or ideas?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:40 am

Are you using WindowBlinds? If so, stick Uplink on its exclusion list.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Iacobus
level0

Postby Iacobus » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:48 am

KingAl,

Yes, I am using Window Blinds... that never occurred to me as a possible source of my trouble. I put Uplink on the exclusion list and it works just fine, thanks a ton.

Return to “Bug Reports”