Graphics Bug

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

mkylman
level1
level1

Graphics Bug

Postby mkylman » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:18 pm

Okay, I had Uplink on my old harddrive, I forget which patch it was, I believe it was version 1.45, worked wonderfully, no issues at all; I got a new harddrive(in reality) and reinstalled uplink, but found that the version 1.45 patch is nolonger available, but it didn't bother me at all, since there was a new patch up; So I installed the patch and I have this weird issue, when I start uplink(AFTER installing the version 1.54 patch) all of the icons(for setting graphics options, the email button, the login button, etc.) are all cut in half, also the game doesn't go to fullscreen, it goes to fullscreen but it does this weird thing where it seems to be off center, see the pics below to see what I mean(to see the whole thing follow the links above the picture, as they get cut off)

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l57/m ... uplink.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l57/m ... plink2.jpg

Any ideas on what the hell is going on? Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

Hopefully someone has an older version of the patch which they can email to me(at mkylman@gmail.com), if you do have an older version of the patch please do so;

Michael
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:53 am

Are you using a program which alters the GUI of Windows i.e Winblinds/'Windows Blinds'? If so you need to add Uplink to its exceptions list. If not, what happens when you put openGL32.dll in your Uplink directory.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
mkylman
level1
level1

Postby mkylman » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:12 am

Yes Montyphy I am using WindowBlinds, as it turns out WindowBlinds was the problem, which was what I had suspected from the moment uplink started up...Anyway I shut it off for now, oddly enough there is no way to set an exclusion list, only an inclusion list, and that is a little too painstaking for me at this moment in time...Thanks!

Michael
Careb
level0

Postby Careb » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:37 am

This same thing happens to me. But im not running any of those programs. Any help?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:46 am

Update your video card drivers, and see what happens if you add opengl32.dll (as linked to by Montyphy) to your Uplink folder (or, if it's already present, what happens when you remove it).
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Careb
level0

Postby Careb » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:51 am

Nothing happened when i removed opengl32.dll
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:52 am

What operating system are you running? What video card?

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
Careb
level0

Postby Careb » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:54 am

xp nvidia geforce 6150 le 256 mb video memory and direct x 9.0
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:03 am

Well, first things first I'd get the latest video card driver update (I believe that's the right one I've linked to).
The symptoms are exactly as described in the first post, with only the bottom half of buttons and banners appearing? And you have no GUI altering programs running like WindowsBlinds?
What programs do you have running in the background? Shut down as many processes as possible - if they don't have a tray icon, press Ctrl Alt Del and shut down as many as possible via the Task Manager, then test out Uplink again.

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
Careb
level0

Postby Careb » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:18 am

Well i have none of those winblind type programs running. It was wokring before, and then it stopped so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and nothing.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:04 pm

Every time this problem as happen it was because of GUI altering programs running like WindowsBlinds.

Perhaps you have some permanent Windows desktop toolbars?
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch

Return to “Bug Reports”