For problems with the game

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

TheaN
level1
level1

Frame destruction/bank fraud

Postby TheaN » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:22 pm

There are three errors I'd like to report about these framing missions:

1) Having a low connection with as less security disabled as possible is needed, I know; but deleting files with only 3 or 4, maybe 5 bounces without disabling the monitor seems almost impossible... I'd reconsider getting it up to 6 or 7... if that IS possible already, then it doesn't work always (as it just went wrong).

2) You cannot complete these missions if the person is already arrested. I don't know if these missions appear as new missions if the person in question is already arrested; but it is extremely annoying if you combine it with a Removal mission for the same person (i.e not knowing this bug and doing the Removal first). Somehow it does make sense; but I think it's not the common sense of most players. BTW, nobody remembers the names of those he/she framed, I think.

3) Sometimes, the progress just doesn't seem to happen through these errors, i.e with Bank Fraud. One bounce (InterNIC), disabled nothing and the person isn't arrested before the mission occurs: no arrest takes place.
Last edited by TheaN on Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since 2004 I've my own Uplink txt guide. I tried to differ it from the UUG. FInd it on GameFAQs' Uplink FAQ page (going to revise it during the christmas holiday).
TheaN's Text Guide
TheaN
level1
level1

Postby TheaN » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:11 pm

Bump. I know this topic is over a year old, but I've never got any reply, and I now have a new problem.

Bank Fraud just seems impossible. I used multiple things:
- Hacking either an account or the admin.
- Only a few bounces or a bit more.
- At some midpoint , or the first bounce prior to the hacked system, or at the first bounce in the trace I changed the log (Uplink Test Machine or InterNIC).
- Hacking until the last moment in the trace or disconnecting after a few seconds.
- FF ~3 hours.
- Pretty much all combinations of the above.

I know a damn lot about this game (GameFAQs FAQ, ref) but I just never got these to work, and I still think it's a bug. On GF, neither of the regulars seem to have a solution. Lets just say that I've followed IcePick's strategy completely as well.

Note: I use 1.54 as of late (my FAQ has been upgraded till 1.42, so don't be confused by that).
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Never ever had those issues, ever. Bank fraud always works for me.

As for the others, try the new patch.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
TheaN
level1
level1

Postby TheaN » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Ah, I got it now. Seems like I was too impatient: Bank Fraud just requires some waiting for the 'Trace a hacker' mission to be accepted by someone else and to have him find the to be framed person. I had an issue with Destruction of Data yesterday though (and I have the latest patch): for some reason the company didn't want to trace the hacker, and it still ended up to be unsolvable. Anyone know how you can get around that?
Since 2004 I've my own Uplink txt guide. I tried to differ it from the UUG. FInd it on GameFAQs' Uplink FAQ page (going to revise it during the christmas holiday).

TheaN's Text Guide

Return to “Bug Reports”