1.42 Bug

For problems with the game

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

chrisgbk
level1
level1

1.42 Bug

Postby chrisgbk » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:52 am

Just a slight bug: when running the defragment program, if you have a file at the bottom of your memory banks, and you copy/buy software and fill some space in your memory banks AFTER the defragment has gone past that area, the defragment program overwrites whatever was copied to the first empty space BUT, depending on the file, is still accessible.

As an example, I have the File server gateway, with 256 Gq. I had a file down at about the 190 line, the decrypt program (I had just done a database mission, and forgot to purchase program beforehand). I deleted all the mission files, as I had finished the mission, then decided to run defrag to clean up. I let it get to around 50 or so, then in preperation for my next mission, I went and purchased the full suite of lan software, while defrag was still running. Afterwards, I noticed that my LAN_Probe was gone from my memory banks, but I could still run it, ever after logging out and back into my agent file.
Immortius
level1
level1

Postby Immortius » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:07 pm

I just found an amusing bug:

On the Criminal Database, admin, readonly and readwrite each have a record. If you try and add criminal convictions nothing happens, UNLESS you first clear their history. Then you can add criminal histories and authorise their arrest.

Doing so does cause uplink to crash when trying to create the news articles for their arrest though.

I submitted a bug report: [377a859a]
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:53 pm

Both should be corrected in the next release.

Return to “Bug Reports”