Caught after destroying my gateway

For problems with the game

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

User avatar
NeatNit
level5
level5
Posts: 2929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Postby NeatNit » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:27 pm

frailcorpse wrote:
DinoSteve wrote:
frailcorpse wrote:it matters not whether you believe me it still happened.


I will keep reiterating this until you understand the point. It did NOT happen. It can NOT happen. Either your recollection or observation is incorrect. The game is NOT designed to do that as it would be unfair game play, thus, it is simply impossible.

As for hostilities, telling you that you are wrong is not hostile. However, you resorting to abusive ad hominem is hostile and is a sign that you do not a valid argument to support your claims.




lol again you feel the need to argue the point with me. it does not matter, wow. the entire basis for this post was just how I hack banks and you guy's are getting all caught up with ONE detail. grow the fuck up. whether other uplink agents are doing it, or the game itself, it happens. why do you feel the need to argue with me? as for posting a file, what file would you like me to post genius? oh i know, i'll post the entire code for the game and highlight the part with that particular code. don't be retarded. either except the fact that it has happened and move on, or shit the fuck up. surely you can find something more important to do with your time than waste it arguing with me because no matter what you say, it still happened. if you would like to post the entire code for the game and prove me wrong then i challenge you to do so. your move.
Uplink's Source Code is available for sale as the Uplink Developer CD. Many people on this forum have bought this and have seen the source code, and that's how we know for sure that this CANNOT happen. no one is allowed to post any part of the source code though, because that would be illegal.
The file mr_anonymous wanted you to post is your user file, your game save in which it happened.

And one other thing: no one here tried to insult you once so far, yet you keep trying to insult them. What's up with that?

One last comment: arguing is fun, and you cannot argue about that. :)
Last edited by NeatNit on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DinoSteve
level3
level3
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:36 pm
Location: California, US

Postby DinoSteve » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:28 pm

frailcorpse wrote:lol again you feel the need to argue the point with me. it does not matter, wow. the entire basis for this post was just how I hack banks and you guy's are getting all caught up with ONE detail. grow the fuck up. whether other uplink agents are doing it, or the game itself, it happens. why do you feel the need to argue with me? as for posting a file, what file would you like me to post genius? oh i know, i'll post the entire code for the game and highlight the part with that particular code. don't be retarded. either except the fact that it has happened and move on, or shit the fuck up. surely you can find something more important to do with your time than waste it arguing with me because no matter what you say, it still happened. if you would like to post the entire code for the game and prove me wrong then i challenge you to do so. your move.


It may be one detail but it is one you're getting wrong and will give other users the wrong impression of how the game works.

As for needing to grow up, you're the one who's getting extremely emotional over nothing.

frailcorpse wrote:as for posting a file, what file would you like me to post genius? oh i know, i'll post the entire code for the game and highlight the part with that particular code. don't be retarded.


No, he meant post your .usr file which is your save game file. By sharing it, others will be able to play in the same state as you enabling easy reproduction of events. Now don't you feel silly for resorting to reductio ad absurdum?

Nixitur wrote:Although I had one "Trace a hacker" mission and I wasn't able to accept it. My first guess is that it was about tracing me. Is that true?


Yep.

Nixitur wrote:If yes, can other hackers trace you?


It is my understanding that the other hackers in game do not carry out missions, or in fact do anything. The game periodically checks logs after an amount of time depending on your actions and system you did it on to check if it leads back to you. If it does, you're caught.

NeatNit wrote:Uplink's Source Code is available for sale as the Uplink Developer CD. Many people on this forum have bought this and have seen the source code, and that's how we know for sure that this CANNOT happen. no one is allowed to post any part of the source code though, because that would be illegal.


If he did buy the code he would get access to the special subforum where he could post the code and someone else with access could rely the information.
The above post is not intended as an attack on you. It's not about making you look stupid for not searching. It merely states the facts. Please don't be offended.
frailcorpse
level1
level1
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:16 am

Postby frailcorpse » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Nixitur wrote:What they are saying is that other Uplink agents may screw around with company systems and such, but they do not change anything about your records.

Although I had one "Trace a hacker" mission and I wasn't able to accept it. My first guess is that it was about tracing me. Is that true? If yes, can other hackers trace you? The difference between passive trace and a hacker tracing you is minimal, so there's no real way to tell what exactly happened. But nonetheless, your criminal record only gets changed when you get caught hacking or when you change it yourself.
Post a file or, even better, a video with you not doing anything and charges magically appearing on your criminal record. Otherwise, it's most likely that your statement is false.



for all future comers, the matter is closed. move on.
orillian
level4
level4
Posts: 585
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:41 pm

Postby orillian » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:56 pm

I would not say it is, I would reccomend posting your user file so we can say exactly what is going on.

Return to “Bug Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests