Small non essential graphics problem

For problems with the game

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Dissolute
level0

Small non essential graphics problem

Postby Dissolute » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:45 am

Hi, I did a quick search and have not seen this particular bug listed so...

I am running XP Pro SP2 on my HP NX9020 laptop with an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics chip in it. I have Uplink version 1.31 and recently downloaded the 1.34/1.35 and now 1.36 patches but none make any difference.

Uplink works fine although I seem to have some odd graphical issues that don't make the game unplayable just a little annoying.

Firstly and the most noticeable is when I am viewing my memory banks where the numbers of the memory slots should be there are just white squares. With the exception to the ones in use which show correctly, Also just below the map where the disconnect button is there is a white box the same size as the button when I am not connected to anything.

Also whenever I connect to any file lists on a machine when I go to select the relevant file I get the white boxes appearing on the spaces below the files that are blank.

I have updated my graphics driver to the current version from Intel which is the 6.14.10.4497 version dated 07/02/2006

If you need anything else let me know!

EDIT just as a side note and update, I have reformatted this laptop recently so no spyware/malware etc issues. All windows updates done to current, all drivers latest versions. Uplink is the only software installed other than Business applications, i.e Office, Netgear wireless software,Diskeeper and Norton Internet Security 2006(bloatware but my company insist on it for laptops used on external networks.)
Finally Uplink works fine on my desktop PC with no graphical issues or otherwise!

2nd edit to shoo away the typo demons!
Krell
level2
level2

Postby Krell » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:33 pm

Sorry to gravedig, but I have this same problem, and I've found the solution. In your Uplink directory, rename Opengl32.dll.bak to Opengl32.dll. Seems Intel Extreme chips don't like SDL for some reason. I should know, I have one, lol.

Although from what I've read, that means that the game is now running in software render instead of hardware acceleration? Pity...
InterNIC: Created to save agents everywhere
starman3000
level0

Postby starman3000 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:29 am

I had the same problem, and renaming "opengl32.dll.bak" did the trick. Of course seeing as how I D/L'd the game from Steam, I had to dig to find the correct directory...

\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\uplink

Now everything looks perfect.
Digital-NW
level2
level2

Postby Digital-NW » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:52 am

Confirm this same issue with ATI Radeon 9600 Series drivers Latest ATI drivers resolve this issue (dated drivers for Jan 10th 2007)

Return to “Bug Reports”