YAGP (yet another graphics problem)

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

kurgan2001
level1
level1

YAGP (yet another graphics problem)

Postby kurgan2001 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:51 pm

When I apply the 'A' patch my graphics go all weird and the other 2 patches don't fix it .. check out the screen shot in fullscreen mode

any ideas anyone?

p.s. - at this point I've applied all 3 patches and I deleted the opengl dll to see if it would work. nothing has worked.
Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not looking over your shoulder and reading your email .. ;)
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:10 pm

State your system / OS:

- Video card
- Video card drivers and version
- CPU

- OS version (ex: Windows XP sp2)

Another guy solved his problems by creating a new profile in his video drivers for uplink, disabling vsync, anti aliasing, anisotropic filtering, ...
kurgan2001
level1
level1

Postby kurgan2001 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:11 pm

forgot to mention my system specs
------------------------------
2.8 GHz Pentium 4
1 GB ram
geforce FX5500 w/ latest drivers
-------------------------------

here is a screenshot of the login

as you can see .. the graphics are cut or moved .. the text is moved as well.
Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not looking over your shoulder and reading your email .. ;)
JamesL
level1
level1

Postby JamesL » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:03 am

This is very interesting, since I had almomst the opposite problem when Uplink used glut. The buttons, etc. were moved and cut off on their lower edges, rather than upper ones.

I do not know the cause of the problem, though. It seems that many people are not experiencing this problem. It would be good, if anyone has, for them to post their hardware/software information here. I'll try to find out if this is a known problem with some configurations and if their is a solution.
kurgan2001
level1
level1

Postby kurgan2001 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:00 pm

I'm running windows xp sp2 as well .. forgot to mention that in the specs.
kurgan2001
level1
level1

Postby kurgan2001 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:02 pm

JamesL wrote:This is very interesting, since I had almomst the opposite problem when Uplink used glut. The buttons, etc. were moved and cut off on their lower edges, rather than upper ones.

I do not know the cause of the problem, though. It seems that many people are not experiencing this problem. It would be good, if anyone has, for them to post their hardware/software information here. I'll try to find out if this is a known problem with some configurations and if their is a solution.

really? I can play it with just the normal 1.31 patch perfectly .. but as soon as I patch it to the 'a', 'b', or 'c' .. it goes all weird and I have to uninstall the patch and revert it back.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:17 pm

Did you tryed what I told you?

frenchfrog wrote:Another guy solved his problems by creating a new profile in his video drivers for uplink, disabling vsync, anti aliasing, anisotropic filtering, ...
kurgan2001
level1
level1

Postby kurgan2001 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:27 pm

I don't use antistropic or antialiasing anyways .. don't know about the vsync .. have to try that when I get home tonight.
Chaz Greymane
level0

Postby Chaz Greymane » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:10 pm

try setting it in window mode, restart uplink, then put it back in full screen mode. i had that problem as well initially. switching from windowed to full fixed it, but gave me a flashing background, and all the buttons were leaving behind shadows in the animations and such. that's when i forced disable AF, AA and Vsync.

EDIT: I've also found that if you are using Winblinds, you need to put uplink.exe in the program list to be completely excluded in any changes by a winblinds theme.

check the Ignore this program and do not skin it, and all 4 options under feature disable.
kurgan2001
level1
level1

Postby kurgan2001 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:37 pm

thanx for the info .. didn't know about the windowblinds thing as I have had no problem with it .. I did try the switching of the modes yesterday but no effect .. I'll try the rest when I get home and I'll post an update if it is fixed or not.
kurgan2001
level1
level1

Postby kurgan2001 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:19 pm

Update: I got it working ... had to add the app into windowblinds and disable the skinning .. it's working perfect now.
Chaz Greymane
level0

Postby Chaz Greymane » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:51 am

no problem, glad the winblinds worked. Uplink's not the first game to have problems with winblinds, i know fable is the same way,fable would crash immediately when trying to run it with winblinds until i found out how to disable everything.
kurgan2001
level1
level1

Postby kurgan2001 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:23 pm

oh wow .. well this is the first time I've had to add a game to the windowblinds exception. when I played it without the patch it played absolutely fine. Must be just one of those things .. lol.

Return to “Bug Reports”