Windows user problems

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

hemlock
level1
level1

Windows user problems

Postby hemlock » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:53 pm

I personally have only played Uplink on Macintosh. I convinced my buddy (a Windows user) to try the demo and these were his complaints:
----------------------------------------
i just think that it could be more fun if they improved it all around.

here are a couple things that bothered me

1. the input boxes, you have to keep the cursor over the box to type in it, if you click it and then move the cursor away, it won't input what you are typing.

2. the tutorial, its horribly done, half the time when it had to recognize me buying something or doing something, it didn't. I had to start a new game because I had to buy software 4 times before it knew that I had it, then I didn't have enough money to buy the other software I needed(You can't sell it back).

3. So far, all the missions have been the same, just different file names and different amounts of time. This may change as I get farther into the game, but it makes it hard to keep playing when its so repetitive in the beginning.
------------------------------------

any ideas?
Hacker101
level3
level3

Re: Windows user problems

Postby Hacker101 » Mon May 01, 2006 11:40 pm

I think Uplink is very fun, even if you have to repeat the same things over and over at times because each time the adrenaline raises, and each time you want to play it again... Uplink also advances as you keep playing, with the storyline and stuff, along with more missions.

It looks like your friend is more into "1st person shoot em' up" games probably :P

Do you personally like Uplink though, hemlock?
hemlock
level1
level1

Postby hemlock » Mon May 01, 2006 11:41 pm

I loooooooooooooove Uplink! I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't!

He didn't know about the storyline, so I think that changed his opinion when I told him.

Return to “Bug Reports”