ARC mail not received (playing with simplyuplink)

For problems with the game

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Neuromante
level1
level1

ARC mail not received (playing with simplyuplink)

Postby Neuromante » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:49 pm

I'm playing uplink with the "simply uplink" mod. Some game days ago i received the "warning about ARC" mail, I let pass some days to save money and finally break into the ARC central mainframe (I managed to hack an account with 800k credits, so I did it with proxy/monitor/firewall bypass lvl5 and the fastest gateway with all the extra stuff as processor or memory slots). Well, I get in there and take a look around (I tried to enter with the dead hacker's password before) and disconnect (didn't do anithing strange as copy all the files and destroy the computer...)
The days passed and the ARC didn't send me any e-mail. I'm triyng to play using the original uplink executable but nothing happens. Any kind of help will be appreciated ;)
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:18 pm

You're not supposed to get in. Or delete your logs

Just connect to the mainframe via an ARC terminal, try to login with the account in the mail, fail, disconnect.
Neuromante
level1
level1

Postby Neuromante » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:48 pm

Nothing. I connected to the ARC mainframe via arc public acces server (gateway-access server-mainframe, no more bounce points), tried to use the userid and password of the dead hacker, fail and disconnect. I waited several days (over a week) and only received a mail from uplink about the monthly fee and a charging on my loan of 50c.
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Re: ARC mail not received (playing with simplyuplink)

Postby Mr. Roboto » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:46 am

Neuromante wrote:I'm playing uplink with the "simply uplink" mod. Some game days ago i received the "warning about ARC" mail, I let pass some days to save money and <snip>

There's your problem. You waited, now someone else (an NPC) got the offer.

Never wait on that message. Do it right away, like RIGHT NOW! Don't bother saving up for the bypassers, the data in the message won't work anyway. You just need to be first to make the attempt to get ARC's attention, and the offer.
Neuromante
level1
level1

Postby Neuromante » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:47 pm

Oh, so I have to create a new player... again. All I can say it's "fuck". In the "ultimate uplink guide to uplink" the autor didn't include a "things that you have to avoid if you wanna start de plot of the game" -.-

Return to “Bug Reports”