Interesting bug regarding the ARC storyline.

For problems with the game

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

StKenjutsushi
level0

Interesting bug regarding the ARC storyline.

Postby StKenjutsushi » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:17 am

So, I'll go ahead and assume this is a bug...

For kicks, I was doing the ARC storyline since I've never done it before. (Destroying the internet for kicks, teehee ^^) I completed every ARC and Arunmor mission that I could (we do like a challenge) with the exception of framing the Arunmor CEO (It wouldn't complete... yes, I did everything right, modified the logs, completed the bank hack, got the news article, still said I didn't do the hack or frame him for it, etc... didn't originally intend to mention that here, but consider that bug report number two, hehe)... I received emails from ARC with the Revelation tracker and the virus itself, which said they would be required for my next mission... and was then disavowed by Uplink for helping ARC before receiving the final mission.

I'll assume that's not supposed to happen?
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:16 am

You're wrong actually.

If Uplink ever notices you working for ARC they will disavow you
StKenjutsushi
level0

Postby StKenjutsushi » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:49 am

Out of pure curiosity, is there any way to find out if they've noticed, or to cover it up?

Or is it just a random event?
malcontent
level1
level1

Postby malcontent » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:37 pm

Actually I think you DID recieve the mission, when the final mission arrives, it deletes the framing mission, took me a while to work it out.

As for being disavowed, you get disavowed if you fail the last mission, you need to get a lot of systems infected in a small amount of time (I think)

Return to “Bug Reports”