Stupid patch-1.31

For problems with the game

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Syko Spy
level0

Postby Syko Spy » Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:32 am

The patch wont work.i extracted it to the uplink folder and clicked on the new uplink icon but it just had an error and told me to go to the bug forums.i then extrracted the files to the desktop so i could get a good look at them and when i clicked on the new uplink icon it just had an error and created a user file and a temp file on my desktop.can anyone help.do i need to download patch 1.21 before i install 1.31 or something.help me
JohnWho
level2
level2

Postby JohnWho » Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:12 pm

No, you only need the 1.31 patch.
I don't know which program you use for extracting .zip archives, and I guess you're working on MS-Windows. Maybe the easiest way is to create a new, empty folder and extract the patch to that folder.
I don't know if any new folders are created by unzipping the patch, but just click through until you get to the folder containing the new uplink.exe file. Select everything in this folder, copy it, and then paste it into the folder where your old uplink.exe is... The uplink.exe file must be overwritten by the new version (as must any other old files)...
After you've overwritten the files, you should be able to start Uplink the same way as before (desktop shortcut or from the start menu, I think).

And you will have to create a new user to use the features of the patch...
RandyTtob
level2
level2

Postby RandyTtob » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:16 am

i had that same problem so i went an installed every patch from the bottom up an it works fine for me now u should try that
< Rednex-Cotten Eyed Joe >

Return to “Bug Reports”