Stuck in LAN, read all that I could, still stuck

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

PhantomTa2
level2
level2

Stuck in LAN, read all that I could, still stuck

Postby PhantomTa2 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 pm

I'm doing a mission, not a main storyline mission such as Arunmor or ARC, and I'm stuck on the LAN. It shows 3 locks that defend the central server but I can't get to them properly. All the locks are behind other locks, with no terminal to open them. So it goes TERMINAL (I connect to this to open a lock) - LOCK - ANOTHER LOCK. I can open and close the lock but no matter which it is, I can't get to the second lock to open the central server.
I'm not sure why I'm having this trouble now, I've completed the game once but that was YEARS ago, so maybe I've forgotten how to do it? Or maybe I never ran into this problem before...?
Anyways, how do I open these locks that open the central server, or do I have to use LAN-Force? If I use LAN-Force, the admin will log on and detect me pretty much right away as the central server is one connection from the main hub.
Any help with this stupid question would be greatly appreciated.
Spheniscine
level0

Postby Spheniscine » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:28 am

There might be an isolation bridge you need to enable.

Failing that, if you have to force any locks (not seen a LAN where you *must* force a lock, but I've not seen many LANs either), you can evade the sysadmin by disconnecting right after. Clear your bounce logs at InterNIC, then log back into the LAN. The lock you forced should remain open.
PhantomTa2
level2
level2

Postby PhantomTa2 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:18 am

Did that, it worked, thanks. I assumed the admin would have reset everything once he kicked me or I disconnected

*EDIT* Also, I just found out from reading here, when on the LAN, you don't have to stay in the same terminal/lock/whatever when the admin is tracing you. All this time I've been rushing everything on a LAN thinking you had to stay in the central server while you were copying/destroying. Seems so much easier now! lol

Return to “Hints and Tips”