ARC refuses to start the storyline.

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Zalinth
level0

ARC refuses to start the storyline.

Postby Zalinth » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:18 am

I received the e-mail from the dead agent and just left it sitting there for the longest time while I worked my way up the rankings, upgraded my gateway, learned how to complete every type of mission, yada yada yada. Decided I was finally ready to tackle the story line and tried to log into the ARC Central Mainframe with the "MySocratesNote" log in the guy sent me. It failed like we all know it does. I disconnect and speed up time eagerly awaiting my e-mail from ARC. So 2 months go by and no e-mail....still waiting. Tried hacking the mainframe again in every way possible even intentionally let them catch me but all that happened was I got disavowed and had to load my backup. I'm incredibly frustrated right now. Can anyone tell me how to get the story going here?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:46 am

The story MUST be initiated at the time of the dead agent's email being sent. If you wait, the storyline starts without you.

Check your news server, you'll probably find some Revelation/Faith related stories.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Zalinth
level0

Postby Zalinth » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:09 am

I see....so what do I do about it?
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Zalinth wrote:I see....so what do I do about it?

Either:

- Start a new agent.
- Try join the story half way through by taking on a special job from the jobs server.
- Try get you hands on Revelation.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.

Return to “Hints and Tips”