cant get email from ARC

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

blood
level0

cant get email from ARC

Postby blood » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:10 am

ive tried everything to get that email to start the story line, eg bypassing all the security, using the voice print, breaking the cyhper etc etc..
tried also have hop from arc terminal to the server, did the fast forward.. i just started doing lots of jobs to get all the good gateway/hardware so im now 2 years+ since the email was sent, since ive also tried not bypassing any security and just trying the username and password.

have i screwed it up waiting far 2 long??

please can some post the guide on how to do it, also please DONT say check out the FAQ already done that.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am

OK i wont direct you to the FAQ but the UUG, ultimate uplink guide, at guide.modlink.net

it gives you full details on how long to wait after each stage, check it out
blood
level0

Postby blood » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:03 pm

yeah ive checked that aswell:

"This section contains details on each of the Storyline missions in the game. Once you have finished the first storyline mission, these will be sent to you automatically during the game. Every time you finish one of these missions, you will get a badge in you Status screen representing the mission.
The storyline starts at about April 14th 2010 when the top Uplink Agent (deceased) sends you an email. In this mail will be a link to ARC Central Mainframe, along with his user name and password. In order to enter the storyline, you must connect to ARC Central Mainframe, and try to hack the system using the Codes that the Agent sent you. The codes wont work, but the act of trying alerts ARC to your presence. Before you do this, make sure you have at least 4Gq of memory space left, or you wont get the file that ARC send you when they contact you. A week or two later, ARC will send you an email offering you a job. Accept this and the storyline begins."

some guides say you need acess ARC mainframe before 25/4 or you cant start the story line??

since the main info i need do i bypass all the security, and use the username or just try and access using the usnername/password with just 1 hop from gateway to arc terminal to server?
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:35 pm

why would you need to bypass security? you have a valid logon.
blood
level0

Postby blood » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:51 pm

when i try and log in it doesnt let me, just says invalid tried in lower case, upper case and matching exactly whats there neither works.
using:

name:MorningStar
password:MySocratesNote
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:16 pm

re read what you posted from the UUG, it tells you in FULL detail what will happen
blood
level0

Postby blood » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:03 pm

point is i never get that email, and ive got tone of storage available >40gb of storage, just to make sure it doesnt matter how many hops you use?
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:29 am

oh for,

security and hops DO NOT MATTER, you have a valid login, you can connect right to it and still not get caught,

I think if you secured yourself too well i do not think they will trace you
blood
level0

Postby blood » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:13 pm

shouldn't really matter what level of security ive got, since reading a few sites say must access the ARC server before the 29th eg 2 weeks after that email was sent or i dont get the missions/email.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:13 am

I wouldn't know the exact date but yes, strangely enough when a huge conspiracy rears its ugly head the game kind of wants you to drop everything right away and try those apparently valid login details, as if there's something so big that the company wants to cover up so badly that they just recently killed the #1 Uplink agent.

Return to “Hints and Tips”