Removal Job Missions (Alternate Route?)

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

ambelgra
level0

Removal Job Missions (Alternate Route?)

Postby ambelgra » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:14 am

The 'removal job' missions, normally one would get into the GCD, add two convictions, and ask for an arrest. Is there any other way to complete this mission, you kno, just to spice it up?
Chad Mulligan
level2
level2

Hrrrrrm. Perhaps.

Postby Chad Mulligan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:39 am

One other approach that suggests itself, but is only doable if (1) they happen to have a personal computer on the network, and (2) you know what the IP address is. Framing them might work.

A second approach that comes to mind would only apply to those who happen to be Uplink agents, requires a hack that you might not otherwise attempt, and probably is both less reliable and less targeted.
"I tell you three times..."
ambelgra
level0

Postby ambelgra » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:14 am

hmm...I'll test those out when I have the chance. It just seems boring when call you can do is say "they broke parole" and now their life is ruined? Come on. You think if I labeled him as deceased in the Social Security database and took all his money....that sounds taxing.

Also, do you know of a quick way to find out which accounts have large amounts of credits? I'd rather make a large transaction than to steal from multiple accts. Once, I made off with 400 grand and my rating jumped like 3 levels, but when I do average transactions, no jump comes.
Chad Mulligan
level2
level2

Mostly, luck with missions.

Postby Chad Mulligan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:16 am

ambelgra wrote:Also, do you know of a quick way to find out which accounts have large amounts of credits? I'd rather make a large transaction than to steal from multiple accts. Once, I made off with 400 grand and my rating jumped like 3 levels, but when I do average transactions, no jump comes.

Jump on any 'trace a recent balance transfer' missions, as those are practically guaranteed to involve large amounts of credits.

The alternative is to get admin-level access to a bank, and then page through all the accounts there. It's not particularly fast, but it might be faster than waiting for missions to reveal more account numbers.
"I tell you three times..."

Return to “Hints and Tips”