17%
No
83%

Total votes: 12
thenomad
level0

Caught- N00b question

Postby thenomad » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:23 am

shit, I got caught. I tried to subscribe this forum dozens of times but I clicked the wrong button... Anyway, this is my first day on the full game, I finally got a new gateway with a new CPU upgrade and the HUD_ConnectionAnalysis Software Update with (first error) a 2.0 proxy bypass and a 4.0 Firewall bypass. Trying to break through a high security system to get customer data. -proxy bypass too low- OMG! I was unable to access log. So (I was logged first to interNIC) I deleted logs on interNIC but each time I disconnect from interNIC , a log appear with my IP... Naturally I get
caught later... How to REALLY escape passive trace? Or- better, where can I have a freakin' save game with lot of credits (not too much) with HUD_connectionanalysis with high monitor/proxy/firewall bypass and a pretty good gateway AND THAT WILL WORK ON STEAM!

Nomad
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:45 am

No, really. That is how you escape passive trace. It's just that you don't get disavowed the exact moment the trace is complete (Gateway Nuke kind of relies on that one).
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:41 am

Awww you got caught.

Clearly means you have not learnt to play the game properly yet, but that comes in time. If you want to be handheld through it read http://guide.modlink.net

No one will give you save games.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
thenomad
level0

Postby thenomad » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:56 pm

I got one somewhere , but it was in German... Anyway. I got caught because when I erase logs, I delete ALL of them. This is my error. I should not erase all but only the one who are incriminating . Not one connected/disconnected one. Then, I think I've not erased logs because I DID'NT HAVE THE LOG DELETER BECAUSE OF LACK OF CASH AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME. So, I got caught for one of my first hacking. But, how much time it take to passive trace our gateway? I heard 4 hour, it is true?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:20 pm

thenomad wrote:Anyway. I got caught because when I erase logs, I delete ALL of them. This is my error. I should not erase all but only the one who are incriminating . Not one connected/disconnected one.

Actually, this shouldn't affect whether you're caught or not - the game only checks for the directly relevant log.

thenomad wrote:Then, I think I've not erased logs because I DID'NT HAVE THE LOG DELETER BECAUSE OF LACK OF CASH AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME. So, I got caught for one of my first hacking. But, how much time it take to passive trace our gateway? I heard 4 hour, it is true?

Bank hack passive traces can be extremely quick - if you're not quick about it, a bank's passive trace can catch you in the time it takes you to make a transfer and delete the transfer logs. Given enough bounces through secure systems, ordinary passive traces don't compare - just make sure to delete the log from your first bounce through InterNIC and you should be fine. You should only get fined for the type of missions you perform at the start of the game - if you're getting disavowed, then you've reached a point where you well and truly ought to have the Log_Deleter, and preferably the highest version.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
thenomad
level0

Postby thenomad » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:52 pm

I don't hack bank for the moment. They are so quick! Even with 3/4 of the interNIC link... O shit, I didn't bounce through InterNIC... I hope I'm not going to get caught... Anyway, its frustrating to see all your work disappear just because you got caught... Hopefully, I always delete incriminating logs when hacking...
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 pm

thenomad wrote:Anyway, its frustrating to see all your work disappear just because you got caught... Hopefully, I always delete incriminating logs when hacking...

Those two sentances there have to be two of the daftest I've seen on here in a long time.

1) Of course if you're caught it disappears. Same if you were caught in real life you ninny.

2) You are supposed to delete your logs. The bloody tutorial tells you to.
thenomad
level0

Postby thenomad » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:26 pm

But its a freakin' videogame! The best idea should be to enable a mode when you got caught, you can restart to the last restore point (just like in window or most of OS). Man I just bough it -I am a hacking fan- and after several game ALWAYS BEEN CAUGHT FOR THE SAME REASON! PROXY TOO HIGH!!!IM STARTING to REGRET my buy!! There is a way for not been caught? I erased all my log each time (with the 4.0) I hack somewhere. The internic too without erasing the connect/disconnect. The storyline just started. I got a better gateway with a new processor and HUD_connectionanalysis . I have been caught after trying to hack a computer with a proxy too high for me. I rushed to InterNIC and erased all my incriminating log. fast-forward to know I've been caught (I was sure to not) and you know the end. WTF? How did they catch me? my IP was not on the logs of InterNIC except the connect/disconnect one. NOW I NEED TO CHEAT. I'll find a way.
And, hum... Don't call me ninny, even if I don't know what it mean. (The English is not my mother tongue...)

Nomad that say that Uplink is starting to suck. (No, I really like Uplink, it just starting to be really frustrating...)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:50 pm

If you're so certain you didn't get beaten by the passive trace, then it must have been the active trace.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:52 pm

I'll call you a ninny as you are acting like one.

You don't need to cheat either, you just need to learn to play the game a bit better. I already linked you to a guide. Go read it. If that still doesn't help you then perhaps Uplink is just too hard for you.

Oh and just so you know, there are no cheats.
thenomad
level0

Postby thenomad » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:03 am

I cheated it with artmoney. You can't say there is no cheat.Anyway, I got a new problem. I am over equiped but I LOST THE REVELATION FILE. I launched it ... :oops: I know, it was stupid... But how to get it again? How to access the ARC mainframe to get the file if I need to?

P.S: ninny
Noun
pl -nies a stupid person [perhaps from an innocent]
from the free dictionary by Farlex
Dont call me like that ever again. Im not stupid.Don't you?
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:09 am

You can't get it back. You don't like getting caught? Do it right or stop hacking. Don't want to be called a ninny? Don't act stupid anymore. Don't like our replies? Stop asking questions that have already been answered by the guide Rkiver linked you to.

You cheated? Congratulations, you ruined the whole game for yourself because now you have to rely on cheats rather than skill.
I wasn't here.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:31 am

thenomad wrote:ALWAYS BEEN CAUGHT FOR THE SAME REASON! PROXY TOO HIGH!!!
Let me give you a very valuable tip.

NEVER buy Monitor/Proxy/Firewall software that is not version 5.

ALWAYS buy the highest version available.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:34 am

thenomad wrote:I cheated it with artmoney. You can't say there is no cheat.Anyway, I got a new problem. I am over equiped but I LOST THE REVELATION FILE. I launched it ... :oops: I know, it was stupid... But how to get it again? How to access the ARC mainframe to get the file if I need to?

P.S: ninny
Noun
pl -nies a stupid person [perhaps from an innocent]
from the free dictionary by Farlex
Dont call me like that ever again. Im not stupid.Don't you?

There are no cheats inbuilt into the game. You want to use something to edit it to give yourself more money, that's up to you.

Now I have said it multiple times and you still haven't paid attention, go read the guide at http://guide.modlink.net

You are a ninny because so far you have not done that, at all. Go read the guide and then you wont need to ask any more questions.
thenomad
level0

Postby thenomad » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:02 pm

I readed it. I don't have enough money to buy the HUD_connectionanalysis + all lvl 5 bypasser. I only cheat to secure me (gateway self destruct with motion sensor and everything that I need to bypass and break through servers) And maybe a new gateway to accept the new upgrades. I have always some difficulties so I need skills too even if I cheated. Maybe I should check more that guide... I readed it in a hurry.

Shit, don't call me a ninny, its my freakin' rights Ok? Yes I'm paying attention to all that here said, even if all outta here think that I'm a moron.
I was in a panic, sorry all. Sorry too for my pretty bad English, I'm speaking french.

Return to “Hints and Tips”