Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Jan-vm
level0

Srange problem while Bank hacking

Postby Jan-vm » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:30 pm

Hello,

my problem:
I login, fill in the important data in the transef sheet (my bank ip, account number, amount of money) and click on "proceed". Now, the game says something like: "Transfer couldnt be done. Please contact the admin."

What the heck do I do wrong? Why doesnt the game allow me to transfer money?

Jan
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:32 pm

try using a proxy or firewall bypass, some how the game knows its not your account and blocks you from making a transfer
Jan-vm
level0

Postby Jan-vm » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:37 pm

I am using proxy/monitor bypass lvl 5. As far is know know, the game says "transfer blockedy by proxy" when the proxy is on.

Jan
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:50 pm

orillian wrote:try using a proxy or firewall bypass, some how the game knows its not your account and blocks you from making a transfer

orillian: First, banks do not have firewalls. They have monitors and proxies. Second, if you are having trouble with a proxy, then a window pops up telling you that the proxy denied the transfer.

Jan-vm: The error you are reporting is one that occurs when you put bad data into one or more of the fields. Make sure that the account number is correct, the bank ip is correct, and that the account you are transferring from has enough money to complete the transaction. It is probable that you have made a typographical error somewhere.
Jan-vm
level0

Postby Jan-vm » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:10 pm

I thought of making an error like this!

May it be that it isnt working because I have the german version? I just saw that the box where I enter the account number from which I transfer the money is there at all!

Jan
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:47 pm

are you on some one elses account or your own? you cannot transfer funds from some ones account with out logging into it and transferring money from that account, if you could transfer money to your account using your own account it would make the game too easy.
Jan-vm
level0

Postby Jan-vm » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:10 pm

After my PayPal account was activated today, I bought Uplink from IV. And finally, the bank hack worked instantly :). I am rich!!!

Thanks for your help anyway.

Jan
Frehjir
level0

Postby Frehjir » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:59 am

so, do you think the problem was the german version? it would be.. ********** because.. i´ve got the same problem (and i don´t mean playing the german version!! :D), after checking many times the datas i filled in the boxes, im now at a point of resignation :D

Return to “Hints and Tips”