Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

orillian
level4
level4

Lan Hack Traces

Postby orillian » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:08 pm

I am going to start hacking lans

i have all the tools needed at the maximum levels

but what i want to know is does the trace for a lan work like a normal trace?
you connect and they start tracing you

or do you have to do something for them to trace you?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:11 pm

You have to do something for them to trace you. Generally, something which alerts the admin will also start a trace - so, using LAN Force and the various Disables, connecting to the main system on the LAN, etc.
I always have my bypassers active when playing on a LAN, so I'm not sure how sensitive it is - or, indeed, if sensitivity is any different at all - when the Monitor remains unbypassed.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Dancerww
level0

Postby Dancerww » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:56 pm

Actually no, the two progresses shows on map and LAN view separately, also, if you are caught up with by the admin, your hacking is terminated and there won't be any problem for that time--but if you're caught in a MAP-shows-tracing...you know the consequence. :wink:
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:59 pm

Dancerww wrote:Actually no, the two progresses shows on map and LAN view separately, also, if you are caught up with by the admin, your hacking is terminated and there won't be any problem for that time--but if you're caught in a MAP-shows-tracing...you know the consequence. :wink:

...did I say the two traces don't occur separately? When the admin begins searching for you on the LAN, the active connection trace also begins. That is what I stated, as that is what he asked about.

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:18 pm

Im now stuck on a lan

i have a hub with 4 terminals on it and one server

but when i try to acccess the server little boxes appear around the terminals saying valid subnet also the lock shows up

i cant seem to access the server but there are no locks on it

does anyone know what im doing wrong?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:40 pm

Look at the Ultimate Uplink Guide. Essentially, in order to connect to a system protected by a subnet, you have to hack one of the Terminals marked 'valid subnet' and use LAN_Spoof on it, then leave it open. You will then be able to connect to it.

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
TheaN
level1
level1

Postby TheaN » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:52 pm

Dancerww wrote:your hacking is terminated and there won't be any problem for that time

That seems to be true, and I didn't know that..... I thought that getting caught by the admin was the same as having an active trace run out.... so with log deletion after getting caught this way results into nothing. In the end it's pretty logical as you kicked you off but they never found out where your system was and thus who you were (so there's nothing to disavow for).
Since 2004 I've my own Uplink txt guide. I tried to differ it from the UUG. FInd it on GameFAQs' Uplink FAQ page (going to revise it during the christmas holiday).
TheaN's Text Guide

Return to “Hints and Tips”