Problem of Uplink International Bank

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

hugoli
level0

Problem of Uplink International Bank

Postby hugoli » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:39 am

HI,

I want to ask about how can i get Bank admin's phone number in Uplink. When i enter the bank, ang i click 'About Us', i can`t see it.

Thanks for help.
HaloNothing
level2
level2

Postby HaloNothing » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Check the walkthrough on modlink.net
or on Gamefaqs.com

Answer... You cant get it.
it is "unlisted" and no voice template will work for it.

it is the same with the GOV sites.

besides... there is only one active acount in Uplink international bank... YOURS (and anyothers you make there)

the game programers did not include for radom accounts to be made for the other "Hackers" of Uplink
they also made the bank unhackable by not assigning an administrator vocal pattern.
hugoli
level0

Postby hugoli » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Thanks for help.
And i want to ask which back should i hacked ?

thx
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:50 pm

The names of banks change depending on the world generated when you start a new profile. To find accounts that have large amounts of money, take on bank related missions (as outlined in the Ultimate Uplink Guide). There's no real reason to hack the admin account, since most accounts in banks which you don't reach via missions have very little money in them.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
TheaN
level1
level1

Postby TheaN » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:15 pm

KingAl wrote:The names of banks change depending on the world generated when you start a new profile. To find accounts that have large amounts of money, take on bank related missions (as outlined in the Ultimate Uplink Guide). There's no real reason to hack the admin account, since most accounts in banks which you don't reach via missions have very little money in them.

Still it's strange that (even if you've hacked an entire bank (or all banks)) every account that gets money back is because of a Balance Transfer mission, but that there ARE normal accounts around with >200000 that are not related to a Balance Transfer mission.

[quote=HaloNothing]"or on Gamefaqs.com[/quote]

Thanks for the reference (guessing you mean mine). I haven't seen it a lot since I started lurking here.
Since 2004 I've my own Uplink txt guide. I tried to differ it from the UUG. FInd it on GameFAQs' Uplink FAQ page (going to revise it during the christmas holiday).
TheaN's Text Guide
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:54 pm

TheaN wrote:Still it's strange that (even if you've hacked an entire bank (or all banks)) every account that gets money back is because of a Balance Transfer mission, but that there ARE normal accounts around with >200000 that are not related to a Balance Transfer mission.

How so? Since there are so many bank accounts, the existence of large non-mission accounts and the dearth of them are entirely compatible concepts. Unless I'm misunderstanding you?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
TheaN
level1
level1

Postby TheaN » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:44 pm

KingAl wrote:How so? Since there are so many bank accounts, the existence of large non-mission accounts and the dearth of them are entirely compatible concepts. Unless I'm misunderstanding you?

No, you're right, this is possible, and probably the only explanation. But then I'm questioning the creators why these non-used high credit accounts were put in the game. I would be strange if they were putting it in intentionally to make it a possibility to hack the money to your account (for all software and hardware, usually) early on.

I have to admit, for someone who has created a FAQ, I've never really been playing the game normally, only hacking banks somewhere halfway (after getting the bypasses). I was until recently (last week or so) that I played through without a bank hack: it's way more fun that way.
Since 2004 I've my own Uplink txt guide. I tried to differ it from the UUG. FInd it on GameFAQs' Uplink FAQ page (going to revise it during the christmas holiday).

TheaN's Text Guide
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:28 pm

As far as I can tell, all of the accounts used in the game are generated at the beginning of the game. Thus, there are several high dollar accounts created initially, which can later be used in "Trace Balance Transfer" missions. The fact that such a mission has not yet been offered does not mean that such a mission will not be offered at some point.
TheaN
level1
level1

Postby TheaN » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:30 pm

mr_anonymous wrote:As far as I can tell, all of the accounts used in the game are generated at the beginning of the game. Thus, there are several high dollar accounts created initially, which can later be used in "Trace Balance Transfer" missions. The fact that such a mission has not yet been offered does not mean that such a mission will not be offered at some point.

The first point is true, I've noticed that as well. But I highly doubt the second: TaBT missions appear later on, even when all the money is gone. Strangely enough, it was glitched, as the person hadn't send the money at all, and I had to abandon the mission. But the point that the account received 'fresh' money, is another pro for my comment: the missions themselves probably generate the money. Whether this is completely true, I don't know.

TheaN's Text Guide
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:40 pm

Observation: High balance accounts found without Trace a Balance Transfer mission.

Hypothesis: Incorrect observation; they're just not Trace a Balance Transfer missions you took.
TheaN
level1
level1

Postby TheaN » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:10 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:Observation: High balance accounts found without Trace a Balance Transfer mission.

Hypothesis: Incorrect observation; they're just not Trace a Balance Transfer missions you took.

Hm. That's a nice one. Aka TaBT missions that occured before you created your profile? Yep, that's a good one.

TheaN's Text Guide
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:23 pm

I suspect it's impossible for you to inspect the balances of the accounts at any stage as soon as exactly zero seconds in to the game, so I'd love to hear the leap of logic that spawned that.
TheaN
level1
level1

Postby TheaN » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:10 am

Mas Tnega wrote:I suspect it's impossible for you to inspect the balances of the accounts at any stage as soon as exactly zero seconds in to the game, so I'd love to hear the leap of logic that spawned that.

Cheats (if it hasn't been changed in later versions) would make it possible to accept all TaBT missions immediately after entering the Gateway screen. That still wouldn't proof it, as that aint zero seconds, but would make it more likely. Still, I don't think it's at all relevant which of the two it is. I assumed prior to the game, without backup. But neither can be tested effectively.

TheaN's Text Guide
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:21 pm

You could always check the source code...
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:07 pm

Chris' stuff is not unlike that of geometry-defying MCs like Escher and Hammer. Have you seen that code?

I *could* check, but I don't want to.

Return to “Hints and Tips”