question about logs

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

kaylin
level0

question about logs

Postby kaylin » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:28 am

I'm a bit confused about deleting the logs. The thing is I'm not sure if I'm deleting the right ones. I read up on the guide

http://guide.modlink.net/section1.php#1-4

and it says that it's best to delete the first bounce point. Well my first bounce point is interNIC. IP address for interNIC is '458.416.etc etc routed to 123.123.123.123' something like that I forgot the ip address for interNIC. Anyway I'm assuming that once I get into the logs, i must delete that part, correct?

Also I can't seem to find 'From 127.0.0.1: Password authentication accepted' in the log files.......the one that I found was sort of similar in a way but different and it goes something like "123.123.123.123 admin login: 1 accepted"....something like that I can't remember, but am I suppose to delete that one too?

It's game over like 4 times already for me. The farthest I've gone is to level 6 or 7 I think. Anyway yea, that's what I did and still game over :(

One last thing and I quote " Remember, everywhere keeps logs, including Voice Phone Systems. Just because you can't get to the logs, it doesn't mean they aren't there"

http://guide.modlink.net/section1.php#1-4

I'm just wondering, where can I find those logs?
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:24 am

Just delete all the logs at InterNIC with the highest version of log_deleter if you don't know what ones to delete.

You can't find those logs. The guide just mentions that so you wont go thinking because you personally cant access those logs that you wont be traced through those systems.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
lexus
level1
level1

Postby lexus » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:12 am

Dont make any bounce when you're going to clean your logs at internic, conect directly to this system, this server is not going to trace you, just conect directly, enter the admin section, enter tha password, enter the logs section:

almost always you'll find this logs:
IP, password authentication admin or something like this (delete it)
Conections stablished IP (DONT DELETE IT)
IP routed to IP (delete it)
Disconect from server

Sometimes appears this log:
IP ACCESED FILE, you may leave it alone
icecoldfever
level1
level1

Postby icecoldfever » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:33 am

does that mean i don't have to delete logs on the system that i hack into?

(i.e. i steal file from alpha company, do i need to delete logs there? if so which logs there?, then i go to interNIC and delete the logs that you mentioned?
kaylin
level0

Postby kaylin » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:48 am

when you hack into the servers you must delete the logs so you won't get caught and game over.

You can check out Montyphy's link below. That place is a very nice place to find information about logs :)

http://guide.modlink.net/
Nameless_
level1
level1

Postby Nameless_ » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:57 pm

You bounce through InterNIC first because you can quickly and safely deal with logs from there, after you first hack it you can just use that password from then on.

As long as the first bounce point is clear you're alright.

Return to “Hints and Tips”