Keyboard Entry

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Greybeard
level0

Postby Greybeard » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:52 pm

This is my last mission. I was finally able to squeak in under the wire by trying and trying until I finally got it. I committed but skipped the Done step and just disconnected...hmmmmm. Anyway, I fast forward, paid my monthly dues and I'm back in business...for at least a little while longer. Thanks for all the help.
:D
Joe
Tarfiel
level0

Postby Tarfiel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:20 pm

if you don't have enough bounces, just log into interNIC and start adding servers to your gateway. simple fix.
lunchlady55
level1
level1

Postby lunchlady55 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:06 am

It seems to me that the proxy and firewall disable don't get faster if you alter the CPU usage at the top of your screen. So here's what I do:

Load trace-tracker, pwd-breaker, firewall disable, proxy disable, (and voice analyzer if you need it.) Give all the CPU to pwd-break. It seems to me that if the little green sliver of cpu usage is disappearing (cause it's so low) the program won't work; don't spread yourself too thin. [Did that to trace-tracker once with disastrous results...] Move to the login screen but click 'go' on the proxy disable (and firewall if necessary) and wait.

The moment the trace starts, start the pwd-breaker. The reason is that the monitor won't start tracing you until it detects the disablers. They will most likely have gotten a fair way into the disable process before the trace starts. However, it will usually start tracing the moment you start the pwd-breaker. So waiting will actually save you time.
crazyevil666
level0

Postby crazyevil666 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:44 pm

there is no keybord useing?
nakana
level0

This helped me...

Postby nakana » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:15 am

If you need to type at the command prompt, just keep your mouse still (anywhere on the screen). Flip it over if you must.

Then hit TAB and the command line will become active, and you can type to your heart's content.

I hope that tid-bit can help somebody.
NAKANA

Return to “Hints and Tips”