Good Neuromancer Missions?

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Liam079
level1
level1

Good Neuromancer Missions?

Postby Liam079 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:34 pm

Is it even possible to get the best neuromancer rating? After a while all the missions were ones that lowered it, I fast forwarded so much looking for one that my computer was destroyed by the revelation virus. And I was trying to get money for LAN software to help upgrade the faith program.

Also on a side note I noticed some wierd bug. Don't know if it's well known bug or not but it doesn't really effect gameplay. I just noticed that some times I get "Destroy coumputer" missions issued by people who want me to destroy their own servers claiming they are a rival company.
BANKLOOSER
level1
level1

Postby BANKLOOSER » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:16 pm

i dont what that means but what rank are u i try to destroy a computer like this in console "cd usr<enter>delete""cd log delete"cd sys delete" "shutdown" then it going to reboot saying roobing loadking kernal... failed disconnecting all remote users due to ocmputer failer but i dont think thats what i need to do destroy but i tink its a bug fo sho
Liam079
level1
level1

Postby Liam079 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:38 pm

BANKLOOSER wrote:i dont what that means but what rank are u i try to destroy a computer like this in console "cd usr<enter>delete""cd log delete"cd sys delete" "shutdown" then it going to reboot saying roobing loadking kernal... failed disconnecting all remote users due to ocmputer failer but i dont think thats what i need to do destroy but i tink its a bug fo sho

You've done it right, you just need to go to the news page on the uplink Internal Services Machine and fast forward untill news of the destruction is reported. Then just simply reply.
Fgsfds
level0

Postby Fgsfds » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:09 pm

About when in the system distruction sequence can you disconnect? Do you just need to queue up all the commands, or does the shutdown command have to start, or do you have to wait for the command to finish?
mrleech
level0

Postby mrleech » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 pm

Fgsfds wrote:About when in the system distruction sequence can you disconnect? Do you just need to queue up all the commands, or does the shutdown command have to start, or do you have to wait for the command to finish?

I wait until the shutdown command has gotten to Loading Kernel [failed] then I dissconnect ASAP because otherwise you get disconnected by a remote host, which strangly(I think its a bug) sometimes gives you a punishment for it(or at least it did on the demo when I used it, now on the full version I just disconnect as stated above. Hope this helps unless you work it out yourself
Krid
level1
level1

Postby Krid » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:39 am

It would have been nice if they included a 'scripting engine' upgrade.
Then you could upload a 1gq batch file to a server, run it, and disconnect while the server destroys itself.

Return to “Hints and Tips”