LAN administrator finds me within seconds because of a modem

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

zxcymn
level0

LAN administrator finds me within seconds because of a modem

Postby zxcymn » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:57 am

After navigating through the LAN for a while, it finally led me to a dial-up number. I put this through an IP Lookup and then rerouted my connection to the modem.

That's all fine, as now I can see the main server after connecting to the modem. The problem is, the main server is directly connected to the modem and there is no where else to go, so I can't move around in the LAN to keep the administrator off of me, so my only choice is to let him instantly find me after I get 3 files in the usr directory deleted.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? I'm 100% positive that the modem leads no where else, only directly to the main server. And since it's a modem, it breaks my connection off the rest of the LAN so the only place I can go is to the main server.
Last edited by zxcymn on Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:05 am

Yeah, that's kind of a bug. I wonder if it's being addressed in the next patch?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Khaos92
level1
level1

Postby Khaos92 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:17 pm

would this happen to be one of the storyline missions? I'm having the exact same problem and i wish i could just nuke the thing. I tried spoofing the modem but it doesnt work. All because of this I've lost my 1337 gateway and about 30k (I hacked a massive bank account ;)) but I hope sum1 has a solution to the problem or else me and you and everyone else on that mission are ****ed.
zxcymn
level0

Postby zxcymn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:08 pm

Fortunately my case wasn't in the storyline. I was just raising more money 'cause I'm greedy =D

Also fortunately him kicking me off the LAN doesn't do much but annoy, I'm still able to delete the logs in time.
[bleach][L] ichigo
level0

Postby [bleach][L] ichigo » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:18 am

This happens to me too but I use Onlink.. since their forums are down.. I cant post my problem :(

Return to “Hints and Tips”