Bank Stealing Problem

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

dart_vaider
level0

Bank Stealing Problem

Postby dart_vaider » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:59 am

I have got a big problem with steling money from banks.

I have played Uplink for quite some time now, and for me it always end in two ways:

1. Some company finds me after I have deleted my logs on their machine and have broken the trail.

2. A bank finds me for stealing money from them.

Now, the first reason is my fault, but I am concerned about this bank problem.

At first I tried just transfering the money and that is it. Later I tried a much different tactic. I make three new accounts. And start transfering the money from the first bank to my second account and so on... of course I delete the logs on each bank after I make the transfer. Even I broke the trail.
To be even more confident I bought a Self-Destruct Device and a Motion Sensor, it was not long until the sensor turned red, so I destroyed my gateway. Uplink gave me a new one and I thought it is all right now.
Good things do not last.
It was not even a full day when one of the banks found me.

And I would like to ask if anyone can tell me why do the companies find me, even when I have deleted the logs on their machine and on two of the machines I have bounced through?

And when I am looking up the financial data on someone, using thir password, so the bank does not start a trace on me, does it leaves any logs anywheare on the bank's machine?

I'm sorry if this issue is being discussed somewheare in this forum, and I'm spamming.
GFree
level1
level1

Postby GFree » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:33 am

Two questions:

(a) Are you using InterNIC as your first bounce point and always deleting the bounce and password accepted logs on it?

(b) Are you using Log Deleter VERSION 4?

I'm afraid to ask because you probably have more experience in Uplink than a n00b such as myself, but it always helps to ask the obvious.
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:09 pm

c) are you also deleting the transfer log under "statements" ?
sortie
level0

Postby sortie » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:36 pm

I found an account with over 1,000,000 credits and took it all and didnt get traced.

bounce your connection from INTnic and to phone systems.

you can easily get into the intnic system to delete logs and the phone systems dont have logs.

you need to make an account in with the same bank as your target so you can switch between account easily.

get the the voice recording of the admin to that bank and leave open. uses lvl 5 bypassers where needed and hack in2 the target account. make the transfer delete the statement of the transfer on both the target account and the recieving account with LVL 4 log_deleter. log in as admin and delete the access logs on the system. disconnect and delete the logs on the Intnic system also. there will be no trace of money being transfered between the accounts. sit back and enjoy spending you new found fortune
dart_vaider
level0

Postby dart_vaider » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:39 am

(a) - Yes, InterNIC is my first bounce point, and I am deleting the "connection routed to" and "user password used" logs after each connection.

(b) - Yes.

I think you should not be afraid to ask, even if I have more experience "everybody makes mistakes".

(c) - I believe in my fist post I said "of course I delete the logs on each bank after I make the transfer".

And I believe the phone systems have logs too, just because you are now able to see or delete them, it does not mean they are not there, besides - I red in an uplink manual, that they have logs :)
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:50 pm

Hints and Tips -> FAQ - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION wrote:Q: hey how do you hack banks and get lots of credits
A: it depends on what you are hacking ; an account or the admin's account
if it's an account <which it usually is> then first find a trace a bank balance transfer mission then do it.....you will be left with an account with lots of credits in it.

2. get a hud connection analysis
3. get a proxy bypass
4. your ready to transfer...go to transfer money when your logged onto the persons account you want to rob
5. enter the ip of the bank your transfering to then your account number then get a proxy bypass and bypas the proxy server
6. click transfer....hurray! You're rich, but it's not over
7. go to bank statement and get a log deleter delete the statement saying you transfered x amount of money to x ip
8. then do the same with the statement at your bank
9. Break your log chain at internic.
10. If you got away with it you will recieve an email soon informing you of how far your rank has gone up.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:13 pm

It could be just that you're taking way too long. It all needs to be deleted (statements in both accounts, logs at internic) in about ten to fifteen seconds or faster.
I wasn't here.
dart_vaider
level0

Postby dart_vaider » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:00 am

Then, I guess I am too slow :)

But if I steal money from someone's account, do I have to delete the logs with the admin account too?
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:29 am

No. Providing you don't trigger an active trace, you only need to delete the transaction logs. If you do trigger an active trace then you also need to delete the logs at your safe node (ie InterNIC).
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
_ivo_
level0

Postby _ivo_ » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:41 am

yer basically you don't need to use multiple accounts, just yours and the others, its just a matter of making the transfer, deleting statements from both the users bank and ours, and breaking the passive trace chain ASAP. You want to be moving your mouse as fast as you freakin can. Then it should be easy ^_^
flame
level0

Postby flame » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:53 pm

flame wrote:also i have tryed to bounce from places that don't have logs like public access severs and different phone numbers after the internic to cutt out the passive trace so i can hack a bank and stay logged in the admin for long time and i have found when doing this my rank goes up but you must first bypass the moniter then ya can go from admin and transfer money like this is what i have done to steal money i guess you would call this a walkthough or some kind of some thing but this works

once the game has givin you a mission like trace a recent balance transfer or to see how much this persons loan is or some type of bank hack that ya must complete

first connect to the bank click about and get the admins number call it and get voice analizer then disconnect
next connect to the bank with internic as first hop and like i do use next hops or hop as places like the admins phone ya just called cause it has no logs and i use more then one place to be safe then connect to bank
next BEFORE any thing else must bypass the moniter i8 think i used moniter bypass 5 i think thats the highest moving right along
now ya can continue to hack the bank complete the mission once have done so you can creat a account at the bank still no need to disconnect cause if ya used a high enough moniter bypass you will have no trace and if ya bounced though places that don't make logs then ya will still be safe
after makin a account make ya way to the admin part to do so just hit done in the account after loging in the admin you can see all the accounts in the bank i get my paper and pen for this one cause there is useually more then ya can remember so i write like hum 5 or 7 down not the passwords you can but but at this point in game i have lots of cpu power and memory so i can have any thign i want movin along once ya the first account transfer money to your the ONE YA JUST MADE at the bank delete the logs before ya leave the account and login your account at that bank delete the logs there and repeat process with all accounts if you wish but i have found that the longer you stay logged in that bank and keep hackin all the accounts your rank will grow i am not for sure why but it does
and last but not least BEFORE you leave the bank delete all logs in the admin account and all logs from the transfers i used the lv 4 log deleter and make sure all logs all gone from what ya did and simply disconnect and now ya have clean money ya can connect login you account from the bank and transfer to your uplink bank and not worry bout gettin traced well i didn't and i didn't get cought but i did again delete the logs from that tranfer also just to be safe
and that is it have fun takin money from everyone in every bank

while i done all this i used moniter bypass v5 proxy bypass v5 and log deleter v4 and first bounce was internic and next few bounces was places that makes no logs and maybe 10 to 20 more bounces just to be safe but no need but better safe then sorry

oh and give me feed back if this was help full in any way

cause i use this hacker tacktik every time i play and it would also be of great use to bounce though places that use no logs so no passive trace can be done and make sure they are directly after internic
my bad so long but this may help some and some may already know

there i posted it some where else but i got no responce but i will try again this works every time and ya don't have to login into the admin account of the bank lol
oh and i and my rank on the game in #1 if ya wish i could take a screen shot
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:07 pm

flame: the reasons you did not get a response where:

-your writing lacks following symbols: , .
-you make so many deliberate errors my eyes bleed when they see your text
-your proposal is way too long and contains unnecessary steps.

And btw:being ranked #1 in the game means nothing. And using "lol" outside of IM or IRC is lame.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:08 pm

Except no one wants to read that because of how poorly written it is.

EDIT: Too slow :P

EDIT2: alphager: 'And using "lol" outside of IM or IRC is lame.'

What's even more lame is laughing at your own jokes.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Khaos92
level1
level1

Postby Khaos92 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:38 pm

well there are 2 ways. the proper way or the "omg loads of money dont screw up" way.

Proper way:
Use a high version log deleter and make InterNic your 1st bounce point. hack the other computer and make sure that you leave enough time on the tracker to quickly hack interNic's logs and delete the password authentication and bounce logs ONLY. Log onto the bank account. once you have found out the password for the account, log right off without doing anything to save time (unless you are using monitor bypassing) you will also need a proxy bypass/disable. Delete the logs at InterNIC. reconnect to the bank and log in as the person you hacked. you will not be traced. send the money to your account (preferably in another bank that you are ready to go to quickly on the map) then go to transactions. delete the log that says how much money was transfered then go to your account that just received the money. activate your monitor bypass and proxy bypass and delete the transfer "receive" log. go to InterNic again and check that there arent anymore logs that need to be deleted. Congratz, u r stinking rich!!!

"omg loads of money dont screw up" way: (note that you must have a gateway that accepts 2 security systems BEFORE you do this and that the account being hacked must have a high amount of cash .) if you are working for arumnor or ARC, go to the databases that you are given access to when you do missions for them. copy all of your files into the database (if there isnt enough space, delete a few of the files on the server) this will act as ur backup files. Go to the bank and hack it as shown above and delete the logs. log back in and transfer all of the money to one of your accounts. make sure you know where it is on the map. quickly then delete the transfer logs then the ones in ur account. go to internic and do the same just to be sure. go to uplink internal and buy a camera and gateway nuke. fastforward to the oint where both have been INSTALLED. quickly switch on your camera and keep an eye on it incase it goes red. if it goes red activate the nuke. if not, ur even richer. if u do need to nuke then rebuy a gateway with the stolen funds and replace the hardware. buy a file copier and go to the arumnor/arc database and copy ur stuff back. a bit wordy but it works :D
Stormeagle13
level2
level2

Postby Stormeagle13 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:51 pm

Or...

Creat an account under a differnt name, tranfer the money into that, then buy a new gateway.

The feds will try to find your old one.
It takes a noob to not know what noob means.

In Life There Is Death And In Death There Is Pizza!

Sometimes we all have to look in the mirror and say,"Who is that ugly *****"

Return to “Hints and Tips”