I keep getting caught!

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

VirtualAlex
level1
level1

I keep getting caught!

Postby VirtualAlex » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:20 am

I get to the bank missions. As in, "check this guys loan size, or account size." I do one or two of them, and then I get caught. I delete my logs from the interNIC and everything. I am making no modifications to bank info, just cracking a password and e-mailing the details back to the employer. Whats the deal?
AciD
level1
level1

Postby AciD » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:29 am

Are you SURE you don´t do anything else? Like, transferring money to any account? And are you sure InterNIC was your first bounce point? Most importantly, are you sure you have, and are using, Log deleter version 4? Else you are detectable even if you are clean on the things i wrote above. If you don´t have 4.0, make some more lowlevel-missions so you can buy it.
VirtualAlex
level1
level1

Postby VirtualAlex » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:27 am

Yeah I had log deleter 4, and I didn't do anything but look. However, I did not use NIC as my first jump point. I used it as my 3rd or 4th. Is it importiant to make that my first?
Vincente
level0

Internic

Postby Vincente » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:12 pm

Yes, use InterNIC as your first bounce point. Helps a lot.
Azati Prime
level1
level1

Postby Azati Prime » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:35 am

It's not absolutely crucial but because they don't trace you in any way shape of form it is best because you can access it very quickly and delete your logs before the passive trace reaches it. If it is the first server you connect to, it will be the last one your target will look at the logs for. How long after the mission are you getting caught?
Spy MasterX
level1
level1

?

Postby Spy MasterX » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:41 am

more importantly did u delete the logs straight after doing mission or did you finish a few other missions and the delete the logs

Return to “Hints and Tips”