Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Azati Prime
level1
level1

Uplink Questions

Postby Azati Prime » Mon May 29, 2006 7:53 pm

Alright, two questions.
I took the mission to frame someone for data (or I think that's what it was called. Had me commit some kind of computer crime and frame someone for it). I bounced my connection through InterNIC, Uplink Public, and the Test Server. After deleting the system files in the internal server I went back and changed the logs at InterNIC to frame my target. Then I waited. News of the hack appeared but not of any arrest and my employer says the job isn't done. Am I missing something?

Second question:
I received the email from the dead agent and let it sit there while I took more missions and built up my system. I tried hacking the target much later and after deleting my logs, fastforwarded several weeks. Still haven't gotten a responce. After playing the game more, the storyline unfolded in the news without me. Was I not supposed to delete the logs or should I have just done the hack sooner?
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Mon May 29, 2006 8:15 pm

About question 2: You have to take action about as soon as you get the email, or else it will start without you

About question 1: Fuck knows.
AciD
level1
level1

Postby AciD » Tue May 30, 2006 3:03 pm

About 1: You should not delete the logs at the internal system. The meaning is that the hack shall be noobish and then framed to the IP you are told to frame.
Azati Prime
level1
level1

Postby Azati Prime » Wed May 31, 2006 2:20 am

I meant that I deleted the log showing that I logged on with administrator access.

Return to “Hints and Tips”