Story Missons

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

ComatoseSquirrel
level0

Story Missons

Postby ComatoseSquirrel » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:01 am

Hi,

I've had a quick search round (but slightly cautiously not wanting to ruin the game for myself) and can't quite find the answer to the following question...

I didn't reply to Arc's email about employment (as Uplink threatened to disavow agents who did) however now from what I can tell I don't seem to be able to get to either Arc or Arunmour missions and have missed the time window to be recruited by either... Am I going to have to start again, or is there another way of getting the story missions?

Any help appreciated. Thanks
Toby
level2
level2

Postby Toby » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:05 pm

hi, i never seem to get the option to accept story, so i'm pretty stuck. how far in the game do you have to before you get the option to start a story mission. help will be apprechiated.
thanx
Hacker101
level3
level3

Re: Story Missons

Postby Hacker101 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:48 pm

ComatoseSquirrel wrote:I didn't reply to Arc's email about employment (as Uplink threatened to disavow agents who did)

Thats not at the beginning of the storyline is it? Because I don't remember the Uplink corp being involved. If it is at the beginning, its probably just a false message... You can go ahead and reply to the e-mail. (You can always take chances like that by backing up / making a copy of your .usr file) :)

Toby wrote:hi, i never seem to get the option to accept story, so i'm pretty stuck. how far in the game do you have to before you get the option to start a story mission. help will be apprechiated.
thanx

I think you get the dead agent's e-mail around April 10th, or when you have a rating of (somewhere around) Knowledgeable.
ComatoseSquirrel
level0

Re: Story Missons

Postby ComatoseSquirrel » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:25 pm

Hacker101 wrote:Thats not at the beginning of the storyline is it? Because I don't remember the Uplink corp being involved. If it is at the beginning, its probably just a false message... You can go ahead and reply to the e-mail. (You can always take chances like that by backing up / making a copy of your .usr file) :)

I think the warning was somewhere on the news server. Anyway the point is by the time I took the change and applied to that email I haven't got anything back (I assume because Revelation has already been released) So I was wondering if ther is another way into the story missions, or have I missed the plot shaped boat?
Toby
level2
level2

Postby Toby » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:38 pm

hi all, thanx for your help with this, i have one more question, when you recieve the email, you are given a login and password. you connect to the sever and it says it does not accept connections from outside the company or something like. so i connected to the arc internal services machine before that and i managed to connect to the mainframe. when i get to the logon screen, the user name and password doesn't work am i doing something wrong or is this a fault.
thanx
AntiPatik
level2
level2

Postby AntiPatik » Mon May 01, 2006 12:20 am

so you work for arunmor? ok, i believe that username and password were given for arunmor file server, not sure, check closely, what links did the email include, and if arunmor file server (or something like that) is included, then the username and password are for that fileserver.
ComatoseSquirrel
level0

Postby ComatoseSquirrel » Mon May 01, 2006 4:15 pm

I think the email Toby is refering to is the first one from the dead agent. If so then all the username and password on this don't work. I believe you just have to try to use them to access Arc's computer and then... well I won't give more plot away (though there is a few days wait till the next event).
Azati Prime
level1
level1

Postby Azati Prime » Thu May 25, 2006 6:12 am

I might have the same problem. Hard to tell. I got the email from the dead agent and after several more missions to bulk up my system, I tried hacking the ARC mainframe. This was after Faith and Revalation were released. I did as several walkthroughs suggested and tried using the password given to me and found that it didn't work. I disconnected and cleared my logs and fastforwarded over a week. I still haven't gotten any follow up email. I've tried to fully hack into the system but the active trace is too fast for me to finish. Any suggestions?
andok
level1
level1

Postby andok » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:39 pm

The password and username you get from the dead agent are not for the arc central mainframe, they are for his personal computer once you trace back to it to get the first revalation. Use ip lookup to trace it from arc back to his computer
i took the road less traveled, now where the heck am i????
Lemmiwinks
level0

Postby Lemmiwinks » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:10 pm

bit this is the alternate story, isnt it?
Azati Prime
level1
level1

Postby Azati Prime » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:57 pm

And the simple answer would have been "You have to do the mission immediatly." Answered my own question after playing for awhile.
The enemy's gate is down.
Luxxx
level0

Postby Luxxx » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:57 pm

i cant even describe how irritated i am at the moment. Ive been playing this game for the last 8 hours, and now i have to start again... JUST because i wanted to get a better gateway and hardware before i tried the missions!?!?! :x :x :x :evil: frankly im not sure its worth the trouble...

Return to “Hints and Tips”