ARC Infiltration Problem

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

deedude
level0

ARC Infiltration Problem

Postby deedude » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:25 am

I've obviously chosen the Arumour side of the storyline, and I fancy that i'm doing rather well. I need to hack the ARC LAN and no matter what route i take it tells me that external connections are denied. I'm fully aware that I should route my connection's last hop through an ARC owned box, but this even happens if I use ARC owned systems as the last bounce point. Did I wait too long to act on this mission, or is it a bug?

Any help would be greatly appriciated
coldhand
level1
level1

Postby coldhand » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:29 am

hi deedude, u need 2 buy LANhud_view or something like that from the software list at the uplink internal services machine u will also need LAN spoof, scan, probe and anything else with Lan in the name, I'm assuming that u have all the bypasses already if that doesn't answer ur question try the uplink guide link below in the second line of my signature.
Everyone that wants to learn how you must act on a forum or just want to laugh, watch this movie
click here for very useful uplink guide
deedude
level0

Postby deedude » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:49 am

Ahh! Thank you for your help. So i've gotten through ARC's LAN and now i'm running into a different kind of problem, wherein I can't seem to be able to click on certain nodes and it won't let me route through them. It stops at a final lock and even if its disabled (both forced and disabled by the acess controler) the UI doesn't want me to route behind it. I've LAN spoofed every node. any ideas?
coldhand
level1
level1

Postby coldhand » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:33 pm

hmmm... did u read through the guide heres the link to the section u want read on LAN's see if it helps at all click here
Everyone that wants to learn how you must act on a forum or just want to laugh, watch this movie

click here for very useful uplink guide
benatssu
level0

arc hack first mission thing

Postby benatssu » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:08 am

ah yes, after spending hours if not days on trying every single combination in the LAN HUD thing, and only finding a phone number, and not being able connect to anything else, and getting frustrated and not coming back to the game, i came to my good friend mr. internet and found that u need to enter that phone number in the ip look up tool.... so try that, but u probably already discovered that by now, just wanna share my pain with someone :D
maybe there is a spoon.... ?

Return to “Hints and Tips”