NEED HELP!!!!!

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Nijenkamp
level0

NEED HELP!!!!!

Postby Nijenkamp » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:13 pm

When I play the game it reboots my computer. I don't know why it does that. Can someone give me advise???
Nijenkamp
level0

Postby Nijenkamp » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:47 pm

I have already installed the latest drivers of my graphic card and my sound card. And still it reboots. :cry:
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:04 am

It might help us if we knew what happened when the system rebooted. Also, what your system's specs are and what software (OS, antivirus, firewalls, etc.) are running as well.

Actually, you might want to use your antivirus and antispyware to scan for malware problems. Just to be on the safe side.

Speaking of safe, try running Uplink in safe mode and see if the problem persists. On second thought, others have had problems with the music in the game. Try turnning off the music first, then if the system reboots on you, try running in safe mode.
D3adKl0wn
level2
level2

Postby D3adKl0wn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:12 am

isn't it possible that the debug file would tell what happened? perhaps you could show that to someone that knows what they are doing and they might be able to find the problem there?
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:27 am

D3adKl0wn wrote:isn't it possible that the debug file would tell what happened? perhaps you could show that to someone that knows what they are doing and they might be able to find the problem there?

Probably not, Uplink wouldn't have time to write the file before the system rebooted. Something hardware-related must have happened to his system, or a driver did something the system did not like. Thus, the reboot to clear everything out.

Return to “Hints and Tips”