Software Updates...Now Bank Fines!!

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Scyther99
level0

Software Updates...Now Bank Fines!!

Postby Scyther99 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:55 pm

Hi there

I am at a stage now where i am required to decrypt files with a level 8 encryption. The problem is, I can only buy a decrypter upto level 7 and no higher. Is this a glitch or do i need to be at a higher ranking or rating?

Last edited by Scyther99 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
D3adKl0wn
level2
level2

Postby D3adKl0wn » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:01 pm

yeah, you can't decrypt level 8.. dunno why
Scyther99
level0

Postby Scyther99 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:18 am

Ok i've sorted my previous prob with da Decrypting. Now this is a prob I cannot fix no matter how hard I try.

I accidently went into overdraft in one of my bank accounts... Oops!! So now they want me to pay a fine of 500c, ok fine I went to my account and transferred da money and replied saying i've payed... But they say they havn't received my payment yet. What's up with that. So now i've wasted almost 2000c in payments to them and still havn't solved it. Plz help, anybody!

Thanks
Ghoust_NY
level1
level1

Postby Ghoust_NY » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:47 am

hmmmm if the bank is saying it hadnt recived the money yet then hmmmm i never had this problem ill tell you one think you shouldnt do NEVER OPEN ACCOUNTS IN DIFFERENT BANKS THEN UPLINK BANK. and one think you should do CLOSE ALL THE ACOUNTS IN DIFFERENT BANKS AND USE UPLINK BANK ONLY, other banks use them just to steal money from them...
ok back to the money transfer problem try this.... go to the bank account that you are requierd to pay the fine to, i dont think it tells you in the warning email what bank it is it gives you an IP only, so do IP look up and see what bank it is go to that bank and close the bank account if posible, make back ups of your .fbi or .usr file if your playing FBI then go to C:/ProgramFiles/Uplink/Users there should be a file in there named whatever.fbi .fbi or whatever .usr copy that file to a different directory desctop anywhere. ok now go back to the game and close that account you had to pay fine for, and wait if the game ends and it tells you that you had been coght hacking into........ then i dont know what you can do but, you have a back up so you can go back and try all kinda different shti :P and if you did know how to make a back up then iam sorry for all this :P i just wanted to write something :P
Scyther99
level0

Postby Scyther99 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:56 am

Thanks alot, i will def try that. Well nobody told me that it's a bad idea to start accounts in different banks. So transfer all my money out into the Uplink bank and then close, and then close the other banks account that i need to pay? Will try... But how do you close accounts?
Of course i know how to backup files... :wink:
Ghoust_NY
level1
level1

Postby Ghoust_NY » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:00 am

yeah thats the problem iam not sure how do you close a bank account let me chk on that, am just gonna creat one somewhere and see
Ghoust_NY
level1
level1

Postby Ghoust_NY » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:10 am

ok lucky me i created an account in excel bank and then there was no option for me to close it so i wanted to hack the admin to see if theres an option of somekind to close the account but i couldnt get the voice print of the admin cuz his phone was not in service lol you try getting in the bank administrator area and find your account see there might be an option to delete all close the account iam not really sure but why not chk ;)
D3adKl0wn
level2
level2

Postby D3adKl0wn » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:41 pm

is it possible that you are deleting the transfer logs out of habit... that might be the problem
Scyther99
level0

Postby Scyther99 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:41 pm

No, the only logs i delete are in InterNIC. If I were to delete logs or statements anywhere else it's because i needed to or i was told to.
master2004134
level1
level1

Postby master2004134 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:38 pm

Warning: It is recommended that you backup your user before attempting this, as I have not tried this!

In order to pay fines, you may have to directly connect to the bank you owe money to then transfer what you owe. Even out of habit do not delete any logs of the transfer! Once this happens, fast forward time a couple hours then reply to the message. It may take some time for the transfer to appear to the NPCs......
Whatever you do, do not make a computer hacker angry.......
Kid Shenck
level2
level2

Postby Kid Shenck » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:14 am

Just to be clear and/or obvious/stupid, you are using the right bank account? Using the account that is actually overdrawn to pay the fine?

If not, transfer some money in there and send it using that account.

Just a thought. :wink:

By the way, I've been able to figure out how to close bank accounts. I've just gotten to the point where I automatically careful about what accounts I open and where. How do you do it? (I have a feeling that I'm going to feel like an idiot before this thread ends.)
Kid Shenck
Check your local listings.

Return to “Hints and Tips”