Didn't get Revelation - Am I screwed?

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Arvetis
level0

Didn't get Revelation - Am I screwed?

Postby Arvetis » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:19 am

My memory banks were full when ARC sent me their offer, so I didn't get the revelation file. Am I screwed? If so, I'm getting really irritated with this game. I've had to restart my character three times becuase of niggling crap like this.

On that note, when uplink starts saying "we can't allow you to contact this employer per their specific request," is that because your alignment is too far in the wrong direction, or because you abandoned too many missions? I had to abandon a few missions to get my rank down, because all of the missions coming up were too high-level for me, and now half the employers won't talk to me.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:45 pm

I cant remember for sure, but I think Revelation is an attachment in the e-mail, so as long as you haven't deleted that e-mail, then you should be okay...

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Re: Didn't get Revelation - Am I screwed?

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:26 pm

Arvetis wrote:My memory banks were full when ARC sent me their offer, so I didn't get the revelation file. Am I screwed? If so, I'm getting really irritated with this game. I've had to restart my character three times becuase of niggling crap like this.
You can continue to play the game but I don't think you'll be able to do wither of the storylines since to start the ARC one you need to use Revelation on the Arunmor system, and the start the Arunmor one, you need to send the file to them. :(

Arvetis wrote:On that note, when uplink starts saying "we can't allow you to contact this employer per their specific request," is that because your alignment is too far in the wrong direction, or because you abandoned too many missions? I had to abandon a few missions to get my rank down, because all of the missions coming up were too high-level for me, and now half the employers won't talk to me.
This message will sometimes appear with "Trace a hacker" missions. When you get that message, it means the employer suspects that YOU are the hacker they are looking for.

Babylon5 wrote:I cant remember for sure, but I think Revelation is an attachment in the e-mail, so as long as you haven't deleted that e-mail, then you should be okay...
Unfortunately attachments don't work that way in Uplink. :( When you recieve the email the file is downloaded automatically before you even read the email. and for some reason the transfer can only be done once.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
easports
level1
level1

Postby easports » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:36 am

I had no space so i dindt get the program and i deleted the email so am i screwed or if there a way to get it
Neuromante
level1
level1

Postby Neuromante » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:26 pm

I have the same problem. When I received the e-mail from ARC I delete it ("well, they are the bad guys, after all", thought), and I don't remember any extrange file in my memory banks (maybe I delete it thinking it was a file from some mission). Well, I'm talkin about the first ARC mail, the one tha offers you work for them
So, there is any way of recover that mail/file?

(Oh, I'm from Spain, and.. erm.. I know that my english sucks)

P.S.: I heard somethin about hack into the uplink sistem... :roll:
Datsun
level0

EASPORTS ... start saving your game!

Postby Datsun » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:33 pm

easports.. I use windows xp,and my game is installed to c:/programfiles/uplink --> in the "uplink" folder there is another folder called "users" which contains 3 files one of them is "YourName.usr" (yourcharactername) You can copy that file ... Edit-->Copy or Right CLick Mouse--> copy.. Create a folder on your desktop called "Uplink Saves" within that folder create another folder called "Save1..(briefdescription)" and paste the file there.. Create as many subfolders as you would like saving and tracking your progress throughout the game(with brief descriptions of where or what your doing at save point) I have like 22 saves so far but thats from the point of install.. If you screw something up go to the c:/programfiles/uplink/users/"YourName.usr" and delete it and thengo to your "SAVE1..(briefdescription)" folder and get the "YourName.usr" File from that folder --> Copy--> Paste into c:\programfiles\uplink\users folder! NO need to restart game anymore :)
Th3Anim8r
level0

Re: EASPORTS ... start saving your game!

Postby Th3Anim8r » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:20 pm

Datsun wrote:easports.. I use windows xp,and my game is installed to c:/programfiles/uplink --> in the "uplink" folder there is another folder called "users" which contains 3 files one of them is "YourName.usr" (yourcharactername) You can copy that file ... Edit-->Copy or Right CLick Mouse--> copy.. Create a folder on your desktop called "Uplink Saves" within that folder create another folder called "Save1..(briefdescription)" and paste the file there.. Create as many subfolders as you would like saving and tracking your progress throughout the game(with brief descriptions of where or what your doing at save point) I have like 22 saves so far but thats from the point of install.. If you screw something up go to the c:/programfiles/uplink/users/"YourName.usr" and delete it and thengo to your "SAVE1..(briefdescription)" folder and get the "YourName.usr" File from that folder --> Copy--> Paste into c:\programfiles\uplink\users folder! NO need to restart game anymore :)

Okay :wink: That was ADVANCED, but i get your point, nice way to do it, but when i usually try my way (Can't explain right now) And then it comes an error message saying stuff like: "Fatal error, contact Uplink support at support@Uplink.com (or so i think!)

But anyways i like the game Very Much!
Life of a hacker? I ain't got a clue, but still i want to be one, whom shall train me?

CHECK: WWW.RYGHRANGERS.COM

Return to “Hints and Tips”