Problems with ARC Infiltration Mission

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

amsnintendofreak
level1
level1

Problems with ARC Infiltration Mission

Postby amsnintendofreak » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:09 pm

I am on the ARC Infiltration mission, and I hacked the lan as far as the main server. It kinda disturbed me that the main system was right next to the modem I entered on, because the sys admin would find me almost immediatly, but I tried it anyway (after making sure I had a backup of my *.usr file). Well, what I thought would happen, did happen. I didn't even break all the security on the main server before getting disconnected. I tried it again...and again...but the same thing happened. Is there some way to increase the time before the admin finds me? Maybe getting him arrested so he can't get on at all? (probly a strech....lol). I dunno what to do.
Delacroix
level1
level1

Postby Delacroix » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 pm

As soon as you connect to the main server, press Back on the lan box thing until your connection path disappears. Gives you some extra time if I recall correctly.
Magnus-Ex
level0

Postby Magnus-Ex » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:08 am

Well, there is also a Reset button wich does almoust the same thing, i.e. resets your path back to rounter or modem. However, accourding to FAQ, reseting your connection doesn't help, cause it will disconnect you from server.. Maybe it means that you will get busted anyway?
So, maybe someone from veterans could clear this for us? Is it really gives you more time, when you clear your connection path using Back button?
amsnintendofreak
level1
level1

Postby amsnintendofreak » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:38 am

i figured it out....what i do (or rather, did) was go in, do the voice print, reset, go in again, do the pass, and steal the data....when i reset the connection, the voice print accepted stays, so i don't have to wait for it
amsnintendofreak
level1
level1

Postby amsnintendofreak » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:41 am

now i'm having yet another problem.......the final mission for arunmor...lol....i thought i beat revelation, and i replied to the email (i even had enough time to clear my logs at internic) but 6 revelation innfections immediatly appeared and arunmor said to get rid of them, and it'll all be over. ARG! 6 of them??? It may not've been that if i didnt speed up time while waiting for arunmor to reply....maybe that caused so many to appear....i sped time too fast....lol....i'll do it again

Return to “Hints and Tips”