ARUNMOR - LAST MISSION : COUNTER ATTACK

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

markdloudon
level0

ARUNMOR - LAST MISSION : COUNTER ATTACK

Postby markdloudon » Wed May 04, 2005 1:51 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hi guys, i's stuck on the last arunmor mission 'counter attack', is there anyone out there that has successfully completed? i'm stuck and i need help!! anyone got and hints????

thanks

Mark

:D :P :evil: :P :D :lol: :wink: :twisted: :D
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Wed May 04, 2005 6:02 am

Work as fast as you can, save a bounce route so you don't have to make a new one every time, also, make sure you delete logs at internic.
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
Datawraith
level1
level1

Postby Datawraith » Thu May 05, 2005 8:02 pm

How do you know when you win? Does your gateway get infected? I was doing the mission then my gateway got infected by revelation and said that Uplink had been infected by Revelation.

Are there any more missions after you beat the Faith side of the story?
Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Thu May 05, 2005 9:25 pm

err, no, that means you LOST. If you work for arunmor, your mission is to STOP Revelation. NOT spread it. If you were working for ARC, you would've won, but you lost.
geramul
level1
level1

Postby geramul » Thu May 12, 2005 12:16 am

WARNING THE FOLLOWING POST IS EXTREMLY FUCKING LONG EXCUSE THE LANGAUGE.

i dont mean to bump a dead old topic but deleteing ur logs at internic gives revelation loads of time to speard, just get to the infected computers dont worry about ur logs, if u are paranoid cuse u are a high rank and dont want to see ur work go down the hole, buy motion sencers and a nuke, have the sencers on AT ALL TIMES WHEN DOING THIS MISSION cuse sometimes when u hack a computer to save it, they might passive trace u,which dosent make sence cuse ur saveing thier poor asses, lol any ways

1. dont delete logs at internic, to time comsuming and u give revelation much more time to spread, just have motion sencer and a nuke equiped.

2. dont bother with mainframes, they take to long, unless its ur last 2 or 3 computers to save, leave them to be deleted and let revelation spread to easyer to hack computers.

3. u dont have to bypass security, only bypass proxy when upload faith, ull be traced instantly i think when u establish connection so there is no point to monitor bypass, only use proxy bypass when ur ready to upload faith into the file server, cuse as u know, or dont know lol, a monitor scans other security systems if they are working, ( note im not sure if this applys to bypass and only disable, i might have misread the note ) and will bring them back online if not.

4.ALWALYS KEEP MOTION SENCER AND NUKE ON AS ARC WILL TRY TO FRAME U FOR A HACK INTO THIER MAINFRAME THAT U DIDNT DO, AND UPLINK MIGHT DELETE UR ACCOUNT, if that happens, try the following, delete ur criminal record at the GCD, and delete all bounce logs at internic.

thats all. hope all that read this post can successfully beat counterattack :)
TheMagicalTurtle
level0

Postby TheMagicalTurtle » Thu May 12, 2005 12:51 am

I literally JUST finished doing this, and it's actually pretty easy to do. The biggest problem you'll have is when a computer is infected that isn't on your list. Damn thats annoying.

What you want to do is make a quick routing list, not too long because its unnessesary, but at least 10 or 15. Don't bother bypassing moniter, as it will detect you as soon as you get past the initial password.

Copy Faith, activate it in the console, and most importantly... WAIT! Don't disconnect just because it says faith is running. You need to wait for it to say "Revelation has been purged" before you move on. After that, disconnect, load your bounce route, and repeat. After a few of them they'll stop. Once there are no more, delete your logs at InterNIC, and fast forward a few hours.
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Fri May 13, 2005 11:50 am

geramul wrote:thats all. hope all that read this post can successfully beat counterattack :)

They can probably all beat conterattack, but whether they can read your post is a different question. Yeesh. My head. :P
Rkiver wrote:So as you see, the average person is a fucking idiot.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri May 13, 2005 12:21 pm

If I knew there was a "MOTION SENCER" it would have been so much easier....
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Fri May 13, 2005 12:31 pm

I wasn't gonna moan about individual spelling and grammar mistakes... come on, I've got other things to do today. :wink:

But we should stop moaning and give him some credit. After all, he got round to helping out before we did. :)
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri May 13, 2005 12:34 pm

Only because we were busy answering all of his posts while he wrote that one (slight exaggeration but I need an excuse)
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Fri May 13, 2005 12:40 pm

Works for me. :D
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri May 13, 2005 1:43 pm

*runs a comb through my John Trevolta in 'Greese' hair* Heyyy! *pops the collar of my leather jacket*
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Fri May 13, 2005 4:22 pm

*runs before you have time to start singing*
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri May 13, 2005 4:27 pm

Mondays, Tuesdays, Happy Days...
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Sat May 14, 2005 11:44 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

/me beats himself viciously about the head and neck. Savagely. And mithout mercy. With a rubber chicken.

Return to “Hints and Tips”