Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Luc1f3r
level1
level1

big corporations and disavoment

Postby Luc1f3r » Mon May 02, 2005 8:11 pm

yo

everytime i get somewhere with the game, whether it be money or missions, i get caught by the big corporations and then i get disavowed or something.. you must know what i mean...

i was wondering how to stop that from happening... is it just the mole that tells them? or do you have to delete the log files of the servers you hacked or something????/

is there an easy answer? or is it just something i'm not doing right?
Last edited by Luc1f3r on Tue May 03, 2005 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Mon May 02, 2005 8:26 pm

hehe dismembered... You mean "disavowed"

break the logs chain. Read some of the Help files found on the Uplink ISM.

EDIT: "dismembered" means your arms and legs were torn off...
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Luc1f3r
level1
level1

Postby Luc1f3r » Tue May 03, 2005 11:28 am

haha oops...

the uplink ISM? whats that? :S

haha dismembered :P thanks for pointing that out
Luc1f3r
level1
level1

Postby Luc1f3r » Tue May 03, 2005 1:00 pm

ok, i read the thing on the internal services machine helpthing bout breaking the log chain.... you just hack one of the things you forwarded through... but then i still get caught...

what am i doing wrong... when i access the logs in one of the systems i routed through in the initial hack... do i have to go through systems i didnt use??

the missions i have done so far are the sabotage files, steal files, and the academic database ones... and everytime i do it i go through interNIC first... but when i go onto that to access and delete the log files connected to the hack, theres no traces... should i just access that straight from the gateway and delete the log files?

there must be something stupid that im doing wrong everytime... cause i did about 5 missions... i did the first academic one that came up... then attempted to break the log chain... once i did that i just left the time on fast forward and within about 30 seconds i got disavowed....

waht am i doing wrong... can anyone help?
JJF
level0

Postby JJF » Sun May 08, 2005 6:40 am

I'm a newbie myself, but I did some forum searching with the same question. Here's what I've found out:

- You have to use InterNIC as the first location you bounce from.
- You have to disconnect from wherever you're hacking before the active trace reaches InterNIC (buy the HUD_MapTrace or something like that to watch the active trace progress). Apparently if the active trace reaches InterNIC, they've already got you. I have no idea what you'd do at that point. If it's a bank do you need to destroy your gateway? How do you do that?
- Go to InterNIC and delete your logs. Some people say that you should leave the entry that says "127.0.0.1 connection established" because InterNIC will log you closing each connection, and just a "connection closed" message would look fishy. Others say this isn't necessary. I've noticed that InterNIC, unlike most other places, does not actually leave a log saying "connection closed," so I'm guessing you don't have to worry about it.
- You need to use Log Deleter 4.0 or 5.0.

But I still have two questions for the pros:

1. If a bank (or some other powerful foe) active traces you past InterNIC (that is, you disconnect seconds before they reach your gateway), what should you do then? Do you need to destroy your gateway? How?

2. I bought the gateway with the wireless module (4th from the top, I think) because they say you can never be caught with it. They lied. Passive trace still got me two games in a row. Is that wireless thing worth anything? Or do I need to buy special software to activate it?

Thanks.
Luc1f3r
level1
level1

Postby Luc1f3r » Sun May 08, 2005 1:16 pm

hmm oke ill try that... when i hacked some systems though and they trace you in like 60 seconds from the word go with the password breaker, sometimes its hard to get in do the buisness, and delete the logs before they get to interNIC...

the logs on the system you hack, you do have to delete those too right? or doesnt it make any difference if you break teh log chain? hmm... just a thought...

yeah i had that too JJF with the wireless gateway... i havent seen anything you have to activate though when you have that gateway...

to destroy the gateway i think you need the gateway self destruct thing in the hardware>secuirity market on Uplink ISM... but i've never tried it so thats just a hunch...

thanks for the advice man hope i helped you out a lil as well...

goodluck, HACK TEH PLANET :P haha
geramul
level1
level1

Postby geramul » Sun May 08, 2005 9:03 pm

just to clear things up,

1. no you dont have to delete the logs from the system u hack as long as they dont reach internic b4 u do, ur ok, and as long as u use log deleter v4 and delete them of course xD

2. im not sure about the leaveing the connection and disconnecting thing either, but at techno-mage i dont think i wanna try it xD

3. the wireless gate way that was souposed to be "untraceable" stoped working in 1.2 i think

4. to destroy ur gateway ur gateway needs to be equiped with at least 2 security slots, one for a camera, and one for self destruct, inorder to self destruct the camera must be on at all times, to activate it go to the button where u run softwares, go to hardware drivers, and click on camera or whatever its called, and it will alwalys be running untill u log off, or ur gateway gose poof xD

5. (ps. if u need major money where do u turn to.. lemme see..... THE BANK OF COURSE lol i once found an acc with 2 mill, transfered it all, deleted all my tranfer logs, bounce logs, and never got caught, thats what got me techno-mage xD<aiming for TERMINAL xD>)

Return to “Hints and Tips”