Main Server problem in LAN

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Bohauo
level0

Main Server problem in LAN

Postby Bohauo » Sun May 01, 2005 7:30 pm

I have a problem with conneting to the main server in diffrent LAN:s, the LAN:s i have hacked is almost the same. At the "bottom" of the LAN are there three locks and they are called somthing like "Guards" or somthing, i don´t now what to do with them and i am shure that i can´t connect to the Main Server with those intact...

Thanx for your help
//Bohauo
Bohauo
level0

Postby Bohauo » Mon May 02, 2005 5:24 pm

Someone pleas help me...
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Mon May 02, 2005 8:30 pm

click on the lock and then look around the LAN for a yellow box called "ControlledBy"

You must get there to unlock the locks.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Bohauo
level0

Postby Bohauo » Tue May 03, 2005 1:34 pm

Well the Main Server is "controlledby" these locks, but i can´t find what is controlling the locks... i have checked the whole LAN...
tony3
level1
level1

Postby tony3 » Wed May 04, 2005 2:35 am

Each lock is controlled by an authentication server on the LAN. You`ll have to find your way to them, hack it, and disable the security system.
thomasantony
level0

Postby thomasantony » Thu May 05, 2005 1:05 pm

Hi,
I didn't want to start a new topic. But I am having the same problem. I hacked the LAN of Compact PLC (in FBI mod). The mainserver is in the same network when I click on it , three locks are shown with yellow boxes around them And the words 'GuardedBy' below them . There are no auth servers controlling them .Is this a bug?

Thomas :x :roll:
uplink_uplink
level0

Postby uplink_uplink » Tue May 10, 2005 7:17 pm

i have same prob. i tried getting into Liberty tech. LAN. and i cant reach main comp. when i press on it it opens yellow boxes nearby saying "guarded by" bellow, but there is no possible way to reach these locks i tried with LAN probe everywhere i could use it and i scaned with LAN scanner tool. but still no trail to lock witch is controling main comp.

btw its a hacker tracing mission (im pretty sure that 'that' hacker isnt me cuz i didnt hacked LAN's yet)
tnx. :!:
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed May 11, 2005 9:49 am

uplink wrote:i have same prob. i tried getting into Liberty tech. LAN. and i cant reach main comp. when i press on it it opens yellow boxes nearby saying "guarded by" bellow, but there is no possible way to reach these locks i tried with LAN probe everywhere i could use it and i scaned with LAN scanner tool. but still no trail to lock witch is controling main comp.

btw its a hacker tracing mission (im pretty sure that 'that' hacker isnt me cuz i didnt hacked LAN's yet)
tnx. :!:

Look on the terminals for an IP address. If you find one stick it into IP_Lookup connect to the new LAN added to your bookmarks.
thomasantony
level0

Postby thomasantony » Wed May 11, 2005 11:13 am

Hi,
I found the same thing in the ARC LAN in one of my games. But this time, there was a terminal with 3 frequencies which led to three parts of the LAN with stand-alone auth servers;. But the LAN I am talking about had no such thing. DOo you think the other LAN(dialup number) will have some auth server? I will chekc it out.

Thomas
:P
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Fri May 13, 2005 11:55 am

I've never used the FBI mod, so I don't know if this is common in it or not, but if you've got a lock that you can't find an auth server for, you might need to force it. At Uplink Internal Services, you'll find a piece of software called a LAN_Force. You can unlock anything with it, but it wakes up the system admin. Hit the reset button afterwards to lose him. :)
Rkiver wrote:So as you see, the average person is a fucking idiot.

Return to “Hints and Tips”