Government Criminal Database keeps Passive Tracing me.

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Kandleman
level1
level1

Government Criminal Database keeps Passive Tracing me.

Postby Kandleman » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:52 am

I had about 4 or 5 missions requiring going into the Government Criminal Database, and I had 2 unauthorized accesses that I got fined for, so I went into the GCD and completed my missions and erased my own conviction logs.

I never got caught from the GCD, and my 1st bounce point was InterNIC, which I cleared all logs besides connecting/disconnecting. (Using Level 4 Log Deleter.)

So why am I still being Passively Traced? I had a pretty high rating and it sucks seeing all that work go down the drain. My last save point gives me about 4 hours until I am tracked down, so I have time to fix it if someone can tell me what I have to do.

Thanks.
Back in '82 I could throw the pigskin a quarter mile.
Kandleman
level1
level1

Postby Kandleman » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:30 am

I don't get this.

I went back into my saved game, and with the few remaining hours I had, I went into the GCD and deleted every log that was in there with Log Deleter v4.0.

Why am I still being caught by the GCD if the logs are gone?
Back in '82 I could throw the pigskin a quarter mile.
fritsyb1
level1
level1

Postby fritsyb1 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:23 pm

ok, you dont delete the log that says "connection established" but you can delete the others such as "password accepted" Because a single "connection closed" log is a bit obvious
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:14 pm

fritsyb1 wrote:ok, you dont delete the log that says "connection established" but you can delete the others such as "password accepted" Because a single "connection closed" log is a bit obvious

The program (Uplink) is not made to see what's "suspicious", so it does not matter if you delete those logs, as long as you delete the ones that have information about the bounce

Kandleman:
You are supposed to delete the logs on InterNIC, NOT GCD, and just because your active trace time is a few hours, it does not mean the passive trace time is
AndyH101
level0

Postby AndyH101 » Wed May 04, 2005 8:53 pm

Another way to stop being traced, I've found anyway, is by not using the admin log on, but by using the readwrite log on. This way a trace is not activated. Obviously this will only apply when using the Monitor Bypass. Afterwards, you can delete the logs from InterNIC and/or your prefered router point in the normal fashion.

Hope this helps. :D
Luc1f3r
level1
level1

Postby Luc1f3r » Fri May 06, 2005 5:19 pm

does logging on as readwrite work on every system? ive only seen that on teh academic database...
AndyH101
level0

Postby AndyH101 » Mon May 09, 2005 4:58 pm

The readwrite log in works on the Social Security Database, Academic Database and Global Criminal Database. Don't forget though, this only applies when using the Monitor Bypass. I haven't came across any others, yet. Hope this helps you further.

Return to “Hints and Tips”