Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

tony3
level1
level1

CounterAttack

Postby tony3 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:31 am

I need help. I`m finally at the last mission. But it`s driving me crazy. :x

I know the the spreading of Revelation`s supposed to go fast
and that I have to go fast, but before I can even copy Faith and Revelation tracker the virus has already spread from 3 systems
to like 7 or 10. I mean is it really supposed to go that fast :!: :!: ?. Plus
I can`t connect directly to the server. I have to call bounce to each one of them. I don`t have enough time to connect to all of them.

Can somebody give me some advice? :?

(Also Faith is v1.0 and Revelation is v3.0; does Faith still work?)
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:41 am

Firstly, you should bounce around a load of servers and save the connection so you don't have to reconnect to them all again.

Then you just have to connect to the infected servers and work as fast as you can, and just pray it works :D
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
tony3
level1
level1

Postby tony3 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:02 am

I`ll try it. Thanks. :)
01mareva
level1
level1

Postby 01mareva » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:08 pm

stuff using faith; my version wasn't good enough so I installed version one revelation and let it screw the mainframe then shut down the computer. You'll find this work IF you still have V1Revelation
Determinado
level0

Postby Determinado » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:14 am

a little hint; revelation is likely to spread to the same computers a lot, so if you add like 3-5 servers to your map (and some servers that aren't likely to get infected) you can fix these servers multiple times, and the virus will shrimp each time you kill it on one server.

The fastest way to hack into the internal services systems the virus pretty much always spreads to; is the following:

* Connect trough some bounces
(not too much because you have to work fast anyways, let's say 12 or something)
* Monitor Bypass
* Proxy Bypass
* Password Breaker (if you don't have it yet)
then you login, firewall or not,
and you go straight to admin -> security disablin all the security you can find active there.
You can quit all bypassers now.
Now just go and copy faith to the file server, if you see it's looking pretty 'filled up' in the server's memory, delete a random file of at least 3 Gqs, then quit the memory screen and delete your logs, and some bounces aswell if you find the time.
Then to console, cd usr, run faith, wait until it says revelation was screwed on this server and go run to the next server.

Remember, if revelation spreads to other servers, it will disable the source system, where it came from, first.

Return to “Hints and Tips”