Server not found

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

agent_spider
level1
level1

Server not found

Postby agent_spider » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:33 am

Ok, so I'm on my last mission with Arunmor. Got the RevelationTracer. In the Uplink guide, they say you're supposed to IP_lookup the IP from RevelationTracer and connect to those specific servers which I do but everywhere a log, I get a Server not found, 404 message. How am I supposed to run Faith if I can't get into the company that's infected????

Am I missing something here?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:20 am

the program you need to use is called RevelationTracker, not RevelationTracer. Could that be part of the problem?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
agent_spider
level1
level1

Postby agent_spider » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:40 pm

I used RevelationTracker.... sorry my mistake. I use it to find the IP or the company infected by the virus.

Again, Error 404, server not found.

?????

(Beside, when I get into Arunmor file server, there is only two program available, RevelationTracker and Faith.)
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:24 pm

I don't think I have ever encountered a "404 error" in-game.
Possibly you are trying connect to systems that have already been destroyed by Revelation?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
agent_spider
level1
level1

Postby agent_spider » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:54 pm

Never mind, I understand now. I was Ip_lookingUp the number from RevelationTracker and then would connect, I would have this message (error 404) but has I looked in the RevelationTracker, the IP seemed to have disappeared. I imagine that, yes, the system I was trying to get into was already destroyed. So, I would try the next number and finally got into the systems I needed to.
I was surprised to see that, in some of the systems, just by getting into them, the spread of the virus would stop. I didn't even copy/run faith in the system.... Weird.
Anyway...Mission accomplished! Thank God!!!!
So is this the end of the game :?:
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:06 pm

it is the end of the storyline. You can continue your job as an Uplink agent for as long as you don't get caught.
Shadowknight
level0

Postby Shadowknight » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:42 pm

I'm not that experienced of Uplink yet, but how to you give Companys viruses? also how do you manage to Insert the RevelationTracer to the computers when your assigned the task?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:58 pm

copy the program into the file area of the system and then go into the console and type "cd user" and then "run [program]"

Return to “Hints and Tips”