A quick few questions if anyone is on...

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Morbious
level1
level1

A quick few questions if anyone is on...

Postby Morbious » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:26 pm

I'm a returning member of uplink. That is, I quit playing it sometime ago after destroying the internet with arc because I was very dissappointed that it was over. I decided to download some mods recently and have a couple questions.

1) How is it that you can break people out of jail with the fbi mod.
2) Is there a fast way of beating the 'lights out' game?
3) What are these new LAN systems, do I have to crack them and where are the missions for them in updated 1.31 Uplink?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me. Maybe soon I can get back on track..(I got caught by ARC because I forgot to delete my logs...how stupid..so sad..)
The Time is Near
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:34 pm

1) I believe you just need to hack the FBI Mainframe and then release them from there.

2) http://finmath.uchicago.edu/~wilder/Cod ... ctions.pdf

3) LAN missions are rather rare, however LANs are very common (each company has one). There is a Sample LAN listed on InterNIC and one is listed in each companies Internal Services Machine (in the links section). For LANs to be in the game you have to have started a new user after patching. :)
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:56 pm

What is lights out game? And what's FBI mode?
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:40 pm

They are both part of the FBI mod that you can download at Modlink. The lights-out is a security system for some of the higher profile computers (Mainframes, some govt computers). The FBI database is a spiced up modification of the GCD in the original Uplink. It contains all the original functions, but looks cooler and adds some more secrets too.

Return to “Hints and Tips”