demo bank hack

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

sfodd
level0

demo bank hack

Postby sfodd » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:04 am

i searched a wile for the answer but it hasnt been brought up. Im curently using the demo of the game while i wait for the full version to come in the mail. is there a way to get enough credits to get the software to hack the bank. because the same old demo missions are getting old.has anyone done this. if its not possible let me know and i'll wait for the full version
thanks
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:22 am

Considering that the demo cuts you off pretty early (and before you can really make much money off your hacks), I would be very surprised if you acquired the software necessary to perform a bank hack. In fact, taking the high security of banks (and thus the expensive software needed to defeat it) into account, I'd be willing to say it's downright impossible.
Crime pays and it has an excellent benefits package.
Uplink Directory Dossier
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:49 am

It is certainly not impossible, I have done it myself many times. However generally hacking the bank will push your rank up several places and thus kick you out of the demo. The fun is figuring out how to do it. :)
Shade of Blue
level2
level2

Postby Shade of Blue » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:50 am

The only things you need to buy for certain are a Proxy Bypass 5 and a log deleter 4. I also used a 200 GHz processor, but it probly isn't necessary.

So if you can get enough money for those things, then you can do it.

8)
dudeman
level2
level2

Postby dudeman » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:52 am

Oh you can do it, it just takes a long time :wink: You just have to get money. But as soon as you do it kicks you out since a bank hack raises your rating to knowledgable or something like that.

Edit: Dang you guys... :cry:

Edit 2: Shade of Blue I think you might need a img tag in your sig Image
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:09 am

You don't need a bypasser, you can do it with a disabler. :)
sfodd
level0

Postby sfodd » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:32 am

thanks guys

Stewsburntmonkey said it can be done so i'll keep trying till the full comes. it'll keep me occupied

and im assuming the leval 5 disabler right?

edit: grrr i got enough money for the dissabler. and i got another account number. but halfway though dissabling the demo said i was to skilled. meh was fun tho
Shade of Blue
level2
level2

Postby Shade of Blue » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:12 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:You don't need a bypasser, you can do it with a disabler. :)

Yarr! That's what I meant.

And dudeman, img tags don't work in sigs here, so I just leave it how it is.
Last edited by Shade of Blue on Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:57 pm

Images do work in signatures here. . .
le0n^
level0

Postby le0n^ » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:56 pm

Using the uplink demo as soon as I had completed the uplink test data hack I accepted all the missions in the list, completed them all no trouble and I had a lot of money, but before I could do anything with it the demo closed on me, but I bet it's possible, dudeman says he's done it.
Shade of Blue
level2
level2

Postby Shade of Blue » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:46 am

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:Images do work in signatures here. . .

So it would seem..... :shock:

I'm pretty sure they used not to work.
Keshihead
level0

Postby Keshihead » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:21 pm

I can guarantee that hacking a bank in the demo DOES work as I've done it myself. The idea is not to take every mission available, just go for those that pay good money (around 2000cr+). Then buy a Proxy_Disable v5.0 and an IP_Lookup.

During the course of the demo, you MAY get an e-mail if you get caught to pay a fine. Note down the IP and account number of the bank and also note down yours.

To hack the bank, make sure you have plenty of links so you don't get traced, then hack in, go to 'Manage Existing Account', put the account number of your sucker in the box, run your Password_Breaker, then click 'View Account' to see how much they have, then go to 'Transfer Funds'. Run your Proxy_Disable as you type the details in. Then transfer the money, go into the logs and erase the top one. Logout and bounce through lots of links to get into your Uplink bank account, go to 'View Statement', run the Proxy_Disable (as a Proxy protects the logs) and erase the log that says how much you transferred.

That's my way of hacking banks, but you should really take what I say with a pinch of salt, as every time I try to hack a bank, I normally transfer the money successfully, but as soon as I try to spend any of my ill-gotten gains, my screen goes blank and says that Uplink Corp. were recently contacted by a large corporation saying I was caught hacking, and they end up disavowing me. I log back into my Gateway, and it says "Agent Keshihead: Disavowed for attempting to steal money from such-and-such Bank."

I read another topic in this forum, and it says that there's a routing log in InterNIC, but I can't seem to find anything like that. So, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Coryf88
level0

Postby Coryf88 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:44 pm

Keshihead wrote:I read another topic in this forum, and it says that there's a routing log in InterNIC, but I can't seem to find anything like that. So, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Connect to InterNIC and login to the admin area (if you dont have the password already then crack the password) then go to Access Logs and there will be bounce logs there just use the Log_Deleter to delete them.

This is what a bounce log looks like 'Connection from 12Ò­•‰0.1 routed to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'
Keshihead
level0

Postby Keshihead » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:33 am

Thanks for that! I've started making a habit of deleting every log at InterNIC after every hack I perform mission-wise!

I nearly got away with a 1m credit bank hack yesterday (in the full game, not the demo). I hacked the account, transferred the money and deleted the log at the sucker's bank, then deleted the logs at InterNIC, then I thought I got away with it, but I suddenly remembered I HADN'T DELETED THE LOGS AT MY ACCOUNT!!! So I did so, and as I was about to delete the logs at InterNIC, I got disavowed.

Return to “Hints and Tips”