Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

malcontent
level1
level1

Banks proving a problem

Postby malcontent » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:47 pm

There are a few problems that I'm having with banks:

1) There doesn't seem to be an active trace, is this normal?
2) How long do I have to delete the statement logs at my banks end
3) How long do the banks take to trace hackers?

The last time I tried to rip a bank off, I transfered the money and deleted the statement log. Then I logged in to internic to delete the routing log but before I could delete the statement log at uplink bank I was traced
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:27 pm

The banks' active traces are either extremely slow or nonexistent (if you use the Monitor_Bypass), but they have the fastest passive traces in the game, able to passively trace you in less than 5 minutes game time.
Crime pays and it has an excellent benefits package.
Uplink Directory Dossier
malcontent
level1
level1

Postby malcontent » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:23 am

The passive trace was definately quick, I'm guessing that my best tactic will be to effect the transfer ASAP and then delete the bank records at the bank, disconnect, log in to uplink, delete the statement log there and finally delete the routing log
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:08 pm

malcontent wrote:The passive trace was definately quick, I'm guessing that my best tactic will be to effect the transfer ASAP and then delete the bank records at the bank, disconnect, log in to uplink, delete the statement log there and finally delete the routing log

Actually, you should probably delete the routing log at InterNIC before you delete the transfer logs at Uplink International Bank. It's far easier to get caught if they find your routing log rather than the transfer log at Uplink International Bank. Good luck with your hacking.

Crime pays and it has an excellent benefits package.

Uplink Directory Dossier
Keshihead
level0

Postby Keshihead » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:25 am

Ahhh, so THAT'S why I keep getting my actions disavowed whenever I try to hack a bank!

What I used to do was, whenever I got fined, I write down the IP and account number, use IP_Lookup to get the link, hack in, disconnect and reconnect (to enable more time for my Proxy_Disable to work), transfer the money to my account, delete the log in the sucker's...I mean payee's account, then log into my account and delete the log there. I didn't know there was a routing log in InterNIC as well.

As stated, I use a Proxy_Disable v5.0 to stop the proxy when I transfer money and delete the logs. Is that wise or should I use a Proxy_Bypass?

Return to “Hints and Tips”