Hi, The Names Tim Just A Little Problem

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

pure_darkness01
level0

Hi, The Names Tim Just A Little Problem

Postby pure_darkness01 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:31 pm

Hi, i read the FAQ to try & answer my problem (Because you guys said to)

it kindov helped but didnt

anyway i've gotten to the stage where you have to get into the banks & give Bank Balances, none of that stuff where tracing ammmounts paid or whatever

i cant delete the logs in the bank because it says "Denied By Proxy"

i tried to use "Proxy Disable" it Failes Every time

i dont know what Proxy Bypass does, but i need one of them things that is 20 000c first, frankly i dont have the kindov money, & the only missions there are in the list are things that i need it for.

will the proxy bypass & the other thing fix my problem if i have enough money??

Thanks
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:52 pm

First, unless you are actually stealing money from the bank for yourself you should not delete any logs at the bank. All you need to do is go to manage account and then just add the balance amount in the mission reply email. Also your problem is that you don't have a high enough level proxy disable to get past the security. A proxy bypass will have the same issue if you don't have a high enough level of it. :)
Muji
level2
level2

Postby Muji » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:46 pm

Yup, what Stews said. :)

It's always best to get the highest level of any given software, you save quite a bit of money like that.

Save your cash, go straight for the best, and unless you have plenty of money to throw away, just buy what you need when you need it.
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Re: Hi, The Names Tim Just A Little Problem

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:14 pm

pure_darkness01 wrote:Hi, i read the FAQ to try & answer my problem (Because you guys said to)

it kindov helped but didnt

anyway i've gotten to the stage where you have to get into the banks & give Bank Balances, none of that stuff where tracing ammmounts paid or whatever

i cant delete the logs in the bank because it says "Denied By Proxy"

i tried to use "Proxy Disable" it Failes Every time

i dont know what Proxy Bypass does, but i need one of them things that is 20 000c first, frankly i dont have the kindov money, & the only missions there are in the list are things that i need it for.

will the proxy bypass & the other thing fix my problem if i have enough money??

Thanks

This is because your Proxy_Disable version isn't high enough to disable the proxy. As a rule of thumb, the Disablers are considered a waste of money, except in the very early stages of the game. Hack some backs to get the necessary money to get the Connection_Analysis upgrade, as well as the highest versions of all the bypassers. It's very expensive, but well worth it.
Crime pays and it has an excellent benefits package.
Uplink Directory Dossier
Shade of Blue
level2
level2

Postby Shade of Blue » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:48 am

My quite successful strategy:

1. Do missions until you get money for a proxy disabler 5.
2. Use the disabler to do whatever missions you can until you get a "trace balance transfer" mission.
3. When you get one of these missions, hack a bank for limitless funds.
4. Buy a HUD Connection Analyser and Bypassers.

Last time I did this, I did 1-3 on the beginner gateway with a 200 GHz processor as my only upgrade.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Return to “Hints and Tips”