Unreachable radio transmitter?

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Shade of Blue
level2
level2

Unreachable radio transmitter?

Postby Shade of Blue » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:52 am

I'm on the hack ARC LAN mission in the Arunmor string, and I'm stuck.

I'm not a n00b, and I've hacked LANs before, but I just started playing the game again after not playing for a very long time, so I might be missing something.

Anyway, the LAN is set up as follows:
Router leads up to Hub.
Hub splits perpendicular right and left, then up from each side.
Each side of split from hub has 2 terminals, one of which on each side is protected by a lock.
Each locked terminal gives me a Local Dial-up Number.

Right next to the left branch from the Hub is a radio transmitter with another Hub nearby. However, I can't find any links to the radio transmitter from what I've hacked already.

So I can't find any more links at all past the router, hub, and 4 terminals.
Any ideas?
itax
level2
level2

Postby itax » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:06 am

Could you try making a screenshot(press Print Screen next to Scroll Lock) and posting it? because i can't imagine myself the LAN...
Try probing everthing again, it happend to me a lot that i forgot this tiny thingy and that was the key to the rest of the LAN...

:shock: Itax :shock:
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Re: Unreachable radio transmitter?

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:04 pm

Shade of Blue wrote:I'm on the hack ARC LAN mission in the Arunmor string, and I'm stuck.

I'm not a n00b, and I've hacked LANs before, but I just started playing the game again after not playing for a very long time, so I might be missing something.

Router leads up to Hub.
Each side of split from hub has 2 terminals, one of which on each side is protected by a lock.

Right next to the left branch from the Hub is a radio transmitter with another Hub nearby. However, I can't find any links to the radio transmitter from what I've hacked already.

Any ideas?

I wish I could give you specific help, but since each LAN is randomly generated (and thus your ARC LAN will most likely differ from mine), it's hard for me to do so. All I can say is: Run LAN_Scan, LAN_Probe EVERYTHING in sight, and obviously use both those dial-up numbers. Unfortunately, you probably already knew all that, and so I didn't really help much. But that's the best I can do.
Crime pays and it has an excellent benefits package.
Uplink Directory Dossier
Shade of Blue
level2
level2

Postby Shade of Blue » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:09 pm

Here are 4 pictures of the LAN:

This is how the LAN begins from the router.

This shows the left branch of the LAN from the hub, with a radio transmitter inaccessibly nearby.

This shows the right branch of the LAN from the hub, almost the same as the left.

This shows the radio transmitter near the left branch of the LAN, with another hub nearby.

I have already run a top-version LAN Probe on every single object in the LAN, and that's all I have to show for it. The problem is not what to do with the radio transmitter, but rather how to get to it.
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:44 am

Erm... As far as I can see, you haven't accessed the modems found using the phone numbers in the two terminals. Perhaps one of those would provide a way to the transmitter?
Shade of Blue
level2
level2

Postby Shade of Blue » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:13 am

LLamaBoy wrote:Erm... As far as I can see, you haven't accessed the modems found using the phone numbers in the two terminals. Perhaps one of those would provide a way to the transmitter?

Snap!

Lemme try that.
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:45 pm

NeoTheOne175 wrote:
Shade of Blue wrote:I'm on the hack ARC LAN mission in the Arunmor string, and I'm stuck.

Router leads up to Hub.

Any ideas?

I wish I could give you specific help, but since each LAN is randomly generated (and thus your ARC LAN will most likely differ from mine), it's hard for me to do so. All I can say is: Run LAN_Scan, LAN_Probe EVERYTHING in sight, and obviously use both those dial-up numbers. Unfortunately, you probably already knew all that, and so I didn't really help much. But that's the best I can do.

Grrr.

Uplink Directory Dossier
Shade of Blue
level2
level2

Postby Shade of Blue » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:54 pm

NeoTheOne175 wrote:Grrr.

Yeah, sorry, I thought you meant dialing each of those numbers from the radio transmitter.
But it's working now, so far.
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:58 pm

Shade of Blue wrote:
NeoTheOne175 wrote:Grrr.

Yeah, sorry, I thought you meant dialing each of those numbers from the radio transmitter.
But it's working now, so far.

Well, good luck with it. :) I assume you're playing the Arunmor side of the storyline?

Uplink Directory Dossier

Return to “Hints and Tips”