Page 1 of 2
Posted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:12 pm
I have gotten pretty far but I seem to get randomly disvoud.
I have saved the game by making a copy of the user file.
I have made sure all the logs in the NiC are gone and I don't get actively traced to 0% so why do I get disvoud?
Posted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:15 pm
1) Proper English and grammar go a long way in helping us understand what you want.
2) You must make sure InterNIC is always your first bounce point, and use Log Deleter Version 4 to make sure the logs are removed. You only need to remove the bounce logs and the password accepted logs from InterNIC.
Posted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:38 pm
Thanks for replieing
Sorry for the bad spelling/grammer. I'm not that goot, I had to got to special needs calsses for several years about it...
Anyway I hav already got a level 4 log deleter.
I have removed all the logs. How would I remove the 'connection terminated' logs though?
Posted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:42 pm
You don't.....you only remove bounce and password logs, not connection established or terminated.
Posted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:29 pm
So how do I stop them from passive tracing me?
Posted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:32 pm
I just told you how. Pay attention.
Posted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:05 am
Work faster and always delet logs instantly.[/list]
Posted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:55 pm
Go to console, then type;
CD log [enter]
[wait for the stuff to happen]
Posted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:31 pm
We're talking about the first bounce point. That is only useful (not really) in destroying a computer.
Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:15 am
beno's back, and posting a totally stupid, inaccurate post! Whoo!
If you delete the logs via console, this is like using v1 log deleter. Only v4 is untraceable
Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:31 pm
Hmm never been cought and I always delete everything on the NIC server that concern me. I know you shouldn't but hey why not be 100% sure and so far I have not been cought unless I was to slow or not paying attention.
My main problem is to stop the damn mail from the death agent somehow I can't find his point ohh well I will continue.
But yes as everyone says be very fast and delete on the NIC server to be sure and then you should not have anyproblems at all.
Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:12 pm
It isn't an "inaccurate post". I use it, and I've never been caught afterwards.
Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:16 pm
beno, as long as you delete your bounce logs and password logs from InterNIC you never have to delete any others, unless they are involved in bank hacking. Take it when someone else on the forum who has been around a lot longer points something out, that they are correct. They have more experience with a lot of things...as shown by your forums being "hacked" even though we told you it would happen.........
Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:05 pm
beno, did you even bother to wait a few game days to see what happened? Why is it everyone else says you're wrong? Let's analyse your abilities a little...
1. Despite totally insubtle hints and me telling you straight, you were completely unable to work out that (a) I was one of the admins on your forums and (b) you password on the forums was beno. From this, we call tell that there is a fair probability had to read the guide to do the tutorial, possibly while using IRC to be walked through it. Further reasoning gives us the idea that when you say "always", you also mean once, as you likely got disheartened by the difficulty of the test mission.
2. You couldn't tell the difference between administator and moderator. This gives me the impression that you struggled with the concept of admin and readwrite being different. Not that it matters, as the chances are you only did the test mission, as previously stated.
3. I can not recall a single time where you have managed to write a correct statement. This means everything you say is not worth reading, and equally not worth writing.
Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:36 pm
After a conversation on #uplink between myself and Mas Tnega, Mas was looking for a decent way to end his above post to beno. I suggested the following, which Mas suggested I post.
So here for all to see, the way I thought Mas could have ended his last post towards beno
<Mas_Tnega> [17:17:35] <Rkiver> beno: Considering in essentially every task you have attempted and then presented to us, be it involving knowledge of the internet, forums, Uplink or anything else you have set your mind to, has failed miserably and shown us that you know essentially nothing, at least nothing correct.
<Mas_Tnega> [17:18:46] <Rkiver> In otherwords, in the language you would understand, STFU USUX U NOOB!