"Frame.." missions are never winnable :(

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

pro_consul
level0

Postby pro_consul » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:41 am

I am having a variation of this problem. I can get the right guy arrested every time now, but he NEVER gets arrested for bank fraud. He is always arrested for either "computer crimes" or for "computer fraud", and I never get credit for it.

Also, InterNIC apparently does NOT need to be the first bounce. It just needs to be the first one you allow the bank to see. You can bounce through other nodes prior to InterNIC to protect yourself, just so long as there are no high security nodes between the one whose logs you will hack (InterNIC) and the target.
Traf
level0

Strange

Postby Traf » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:44 pm

I do the exact same thing. I'm stuck on those missions :/
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:16 pm

To frame someone from a bank fraud, just bounce through the InterNIC and some other systems. You must hack the specific bank that is told on the mission. Then just click "Administration" and then try to hack the password. Make sure that they notice you. When they are close enough to InterNIC, (you can see it by buying HUD mapshowtrace) disconnect and modify the logs at InterNIC and voilá! Then just wait until the news report about ****** hacking the bank appear. Then reply. :)
Traf
level0

:S

Postby Traf » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:57 pm

It doesn't work. And I got all the best software in the best levels possible. I got the most expencive gateway with all the best hardware + 2x security + 1 nuke.

I really can't complete those missions so I just contact the employer and say I want the money right away, they send the money and I abandon the missions :D

I can't complete them even though I've completed the game 2 times before? :?
nacxer
level1
level1

Postby nacxer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:40 pm

Its much much easier !

You just need to log into the Criminal database, search the person, write two lines of crimes (as you want, "Robbery, various sex delicts") and finaly Broke Parole. Than click authorize arest, wait 3 hours till its in the news and finish the mission.
Just look at this uplink guide :D

btw.
can someone explain to me what "broke parole" means? Something with computer crimes, at last i got that.

hope that helped. :)
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:45 pm

When you must frame someone from for example computer crimes, you must first hack in to some system and delete some files and modify the logs at InterNIC. If you just hack in to the Global Criminal Database and add "computer crimes" to his criminal record, it doesn't work!
nacxer
level1
level1

Postby nacxer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:49 pm

No, no,
as i say,
it works in my game and it stand in this uplink guide. :)

it works
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:50 pm

Oops, that's right!
nacxer
level1
level1

Postby nacxer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:52 pm

Than try it again :wink: :wink:

Okay, perhaps it depends on the mission, as in the destroy someones live mission, where sometimes it wasnt enough for the employee.

greets.
Sgat
level1
level1

Postby Sgat » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:32 am

Any time I did those mission I always left like 20 seconds left on the trace so I had plenty of time to change my logs. The way I did the ones involving a bank, I always tracked down an account for the target person and transferred 1 credit to it from another account and then changed my logs. It always worked for me.
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:20 am

Don't bump old topics.
Andrewxc
level1
level1

Framing

Postby Andrewxc » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:05 am

I only have that problem with bank missions. Computer crimes, I usually switch the logs to say that person's computer was connected directly, then change up the logs on my bounce point to say it was his computer, as well. That seemed to work pretty well. But bank hacks I could never get right, I don't know why.
--AXC
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:57 am

Does this help? :P
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:28 am

When you are trying to frame someone, don't route through as many systems. You WANT the signal to get traced, just not back to YOU.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
neoexodus
level1
level1

Postby neoexodus » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:54 pm

nacxer wrote:btw.
can someone explain to me what "broke parole" means? Something with computer crimes, at last i got that.

hope that helped. :)

Well, lemme first explain what parole is (can everyone say "sheltered"?) If u break the law and are convicted, you might goto jail for the full time, goto jail for a while and get out on, u guessed it, parole, or get parole straight off. Anyway, it is just like a judge saying, I want you to check in with XXX guy every so often, and not do these things"
breaking parole is doing one of those things and getting caught, and it usually sends you right to jail. As we want the people to go straight to jail and not have a trial where they could get off (cuz we are giving them fake criminal charges and therefore no one could prove them) we tell the systems that they've already been in jail and that they violated their parole agreement and therefore need to go right back...

Return to “Hints and Tips”